New Admob SDK 20.x is deprecated

6 favourites
From the Asset Store
20 high-quality 2D monsters. This asset is perfect for a side scrolling game, or even a turn based RPG type game.
  • New Admob SDK 20.x is deprecated.

com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads has added this note for play-services-ads:20.6.0:

As of June 30th 2024, this version is sunset. For more information, please visit developers.google.com/admob/android/deprecation.

You may not be able to release future versions of your app with this SDK version to production or open testing.

Affected app bundles and APKs:

version: 2000000 (2.0.0.0), release: 2000000 (2.0.0.0)

If you have questions about this SDK, contact the SDK provider.

Learn more

Sincerely,

The Google Play team

When mobile ad component will be upgraded to version 21 or later?

Tagged:

• Same here, I have received a lot of emails from google

• It is already updated.

(The warning you got is for a very very old version)

• fredriksthlm

but i updated to latest version but the emails stills recieved for newer versions also

• Same thing, I've gotten a lot of emails from google too.

• Hello!

I compiled a project to see if I could find out the current admob SDK.

I opened the file with Visual Code: play-services-ads.properties

Inside I found this written:

version=20.6.0

client=play-services-ads

play-services-ads_client=20.6.0

So, I confirm that we are in an obsolete version!

I hope Ashley resolves it as soon as possible and we can start updating all our applications, in my case I have many.

• I got 15 of these today - and messages from Admob and AdSense.

And just to top it off - WordPress is updating so literally Every Single Client I have is in a panic.

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks.

• Ah, this is actually true, just tested now. Scirra still uses the old cordova plugin, which still uses 20.6.

Personally I do not use the Scirra plugin.

For the ones of you who build yourselves you can just bumb the version manually in AS.

DiegoM, many of us switched to community-admob-plus instead of admob-plus-cordova (the community one is a fork from Ratsons, only to bumb the google Admob library version). Otherwise I would actually suggest to re-write it to Ratsons new Typescript one, even though he calls it "alpha" still

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I confirm

-those packages that I collected through the server Construct3 version p397 use admob (play-services-ads_client=20.6.0).

-the packages I built through cordova use (play-services-ads_client=22.6.0)

Google sent a lot of notifications, I'll have to update everything again. I've just finished the update cycle of upgrading to sdk34+

I don't have time to make games, I'm updating SDK all day long.

• Yeaaah we need update for SDK Ads

• There is also mail with

com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads-lite has added this note for play-services-ads-lite:20.6.0

• same, got alot of email from Google. For both old un-publish app too.

Not make game today=.=

• Same here, received warning emails for play-services-ads:20.6.0 and play-services-ads-lite:20.6.0 for two games using Mobile Advert addon

• Ugh, another dependency nightmare. Most platforms actually have backwards compatibility that lasts for more than a couple of years - Google Play's aggressive deprecation of old SDKs is a real maintenance headache. If they supported things for longer then things like this would happen far less.

The situation is Construct's mobile ad plugin relies on admob-plus-cordova. The latest stable version is v1.28.0 which uses com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads@20.6.0, the version Google Play now says has been sunset. We've been keeping an eye on updates to admob-plus-cordova for some time now, but the latest version is 2.0.0-alpha.18. The term "alpha" usually means "for early testing only and not ready for production use yet", so we've been waiting for a stable release before updating Construct. But Google Play have aggressively retired the old library version before this happened.

I'm aware of community-admob-plus, but long experience has shown that switching between different libraries with different maintainers can cause its own headaches with compatibility, maintenance, etc. So in my view the ideal situation is a stable update of admob-plus-cordova to be released. However we are out of time really so we may have to make a pragmatic decision. I will investigate our options and hopefully have something lined up for the next beta release (usually released on a Tuesday, so July 23rd). Apologies for the inconvenience and hopefully with a little patience we'll have this sorted soon.

• thanks for the explanation on what's happening.

I got the message too, but only for one of 3 apps that I just updated yesterday. All 3 use the admob plugin. so why would only one app have the issue and not the other two?

The only difference between the one that got flagged and the others that didn't was that the one that got flagged was an app bundle using Google signing. the other two were APKs using a different signing method. does that make any sense?

Jump to:
Order by:
Duplicate Topics
Last Post
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)