[C3] Post screenshots of what you're working on!

From the Asset Store
We present to you “Post Apocalyptic Trailer” – our newest hard hitting, bass rumbling designed movie trailer collection.
  • > Argh

>

>

>

> i.imgur.com/elUMEZC.mp4

Great aesthetic. Do you mind sharing where you got the artwork for the ground?

Sorry didn't see this.

The tiles are from Kenney. They are upscaled however.

• Just finished updating the demo to my 2D retro style platformer, TentaCat: The Lost Lineage.

construct.net/en/free-online-games/tentacat-lost-lineage-33088/play

• I continue to refine my retro-90s FPS template used for my game Vault of Peril, this time adding to the geometry. This isn't in the online version yet, but here's a WIP.

• Working hard :)

• Hey all,

New to the group and to Construct 3. However, I've been learning as much as possible in my free time. I've got an idea for a shooter, platformer. I've made a bit of it already. It's full of glitches but I wanted to show you a small clip of it.

I'm looking for your thoughts around the look & feel of it, fun-ness?, etc.

awesomescreenshot.com/video/10677838

• Here's a little sneak preview of my upcoming isometric action/adventure game Ratmaggedon Underground. I've been finding it hard to keep motivated and not start yet another project! Hopefully I'll get the demo finished by the end of the year!

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Big Wave Games

Looks nice. You've added in many details I see. Like the escalator moving in the back, even though few people would notice it it's still there.

What I recommend most is to keep the scope of the game small! It's really tempting to put in all kinds of awesomeness and details. If that doesn't work, post about the awesomeness because positive comments can keep you going. Not always in the long run though. So yeah.. either make the game short and with lots of awesomeness and details or strip/cut those and make a longer game.

I'm like you, also very tempted to start new projects, ahh man so many awesome ideas I have. I'm sure you've got the same thing going. Still though, you mention 'end of the year', man, I can't work on a game longer than one month! I'd be fed up with it!

Anyway I like the style. I really like isometric games anyhow. Is the game about the rat race? And will he go bananas after the printer gives another 'PC load letter' message in his office (look up the reference and you may just get many new ideas for your game if I got the subject correctly)?

I was really hoping the video would be longer, oh well, until next time I guess!

• Adding a wizard boss to my retro-90s FPS, Vault of Peril, among other under-the-hood adjustments.

• Big Wave Games

Looks nice. You've added in many details I see. Like the escalator moving in the back, even though few people would notice it it's still there.

What I recommend most is to keep the scope of the game small! It's really tempting to put in all kinds of awesomeness and details. If that doesn't work, post about the awesomeness because positive comments can keep you going. Not always in the long run though. So yeah.. either make the game short and with lots of awesomeness and details or strip/cut those and make a longer game.

I'm like you, also very tempted to start new projects, ahh man so many awesome ideas I have. I'm sure you've got the same thing going. Still though, you mention 'end of the year', man, I can't work on a game longer than one month! I'd be fed up with it!

Anyway I like the style. I really like isometric games anyhow. Is the game about the rat race? And will he go bananas after the printer gives another 'PC load letter' message in his office (look up the reference and you may just get many new ideas for your game if I got the subject correctly)?

I was really hoping the video would be longer, oh well, until next time I guess!

Hey man thanks, yeah I got a bit carried away with graphics, isometric is pretty time consuming, managed to make most of it with a tilemap now so runs much smoother, should be able to build other levels in the full game a bit quicker.

Yeah I'm definitely trying to not make the demo too big, I'm now focusing on making the gameplay fun and also the controls easy.

Basically the concept is the underground is overrun with rats and you have to escape, it'll have point and click elements and also the action of splatting rats! I like your idea about the rat race though!

I'll put up a longer video soon with some splatting!

• Big Wave Games

Well why don't you try using 3D objects for your scenes? That would certainly make life easier for you especially with all the Z-ordering. I don't know what it would do with performance though.

I'm not particularly fan of 'Point n click' though, more of a 'direct action' person. So I guess I'm probably not your target audience.

Anyway yeah I really imagined he was going to take the subway to work, with all the boring and frustrating daily 9-5 stuff going on. Like a groundhog day until one day he gets 'PC load letter'(again) and explodes in anger haha.

Are you creating everything yourself? Like the graphics? Because yeah.. walking animations are HARD to make! Even top-down ones.. it's always the leg movement!

• Real Estate Boss

Remember those real estate tycoon games from 'back in the day'? Here's my recreation of those real estate tycoon games! Don't forget.. buy low sell high! 😁

Play here!

blinkogames.itch.io/realestateboss

More screenshots!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Big Wave Games

Well why don't you try using 3D objects for your scenes? That would certainly make life easier for you especially with all the Z-ordering. I don't know what it would do with performance though.

I'm not particularly fan of 'Point n click' though, more of a 'direct action' person. So I guess I'm probably not your target audience.

Anyway yeah I really imagined he was going to take the subway to work, with all the boring and frustrating daily 9-5 stuff going on. Like a groundhog day until one day he gets 'PC load letter'(again) and explodes in anger haha.

Are you creating everything yourself? Like the graphics? Because yeah.. walking animations are HARD to make! Even top-down ones.. it's always the leg movement!

Yeah I dabbled a bit with 3d but found it quite hard and too new to find answers to problems on here.

Yeah doing all the graphics myself, character animation is definitely tough! Getting there though 😁

• Some screenshots from Orb Shifter. A game that I intend to release soon on Google Play.

• Subscribe to Construct videos now
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)