Build for android is not working

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.

To investigate..

Playtronic try to create a new small project and build it, see if it works. Maybe you get a timeout since it takes to long to 'send and get' your project if it is large.

Also verify which steps that works, does it start to 'build' or does it fail directly?

• Connecting to build server...
    • Connected to server
    • Project uploaded successfully
    • Waiting to build
    • Preparing project
    • Building Android
    • Compressing builds
    • Build complete, beginning transfer

Also verify in your dev console (network tab) to see if anything fails. (build.construct.net, downloads.scirra.net, etc)

I just tried a build (I normally never ever use the build service), and it worked perfectly fine.

If you buy a software/service, which works for everyone but not for you specifically on your specific computer, what do you think the software company should investigate?

I don't think I'm the only one with this problem, but I'm the only one coming here to talk about it.

I can't build even with a new and empty project, the transfer works correctly, but the build always stops after 90%, always the connection is lost after 90%.

If 1 Tesla car doesn't work, I'm sure they'll do everything they can to find out what's wrong, even if it's just 1 single car with a problem, they'll investigate and be able to tell you with certainty where the error is, if it is a manufacturing problem, if it is a problem with the driver and they will make improvements to prevent the problem from recurring even if the problem is with the user. Do you know why? They value their own name!

Why was I able to build in 2022 and after the server crashed I was never able to build again?

Is there a specific configuration for using Construct 3? I didn't see any prerequisites when I paid.

Is there any browser setting? I tested it on Firefox, Edge, Chrome and Opera. I tested it in incognito tabs and disabled all plugins.

What can Scirra do to ensure that everyone who has given them money is able to use it unrestrictedly as described on the website?

If the problem is with me, please tell me with certainty where I'm going wrong, don't tell me hypotheses, tell me exactly what I did wrong and then I'll correct it. I didn't get any help, they just said "it's your fault". Why????

Watch the video and see the error...

drive.google.com/file/d/13cGpz9hNp9_MMG3Y25Tegjl8uaf9I3Ov/view

Hmm, well the fact it happens for you, even with a new project, does make me wonder if it is something on your end. I don't know for sure, it's hard to tell. It is strange it happened when build server went down, but the build server has crashed randomly over the years (this thread was originally about the build server crashing a year ago, but it sounds like it continued to work for you during 2022, despite crashing at random times).

Do you have another computer or laptop to test building with C3, just to rule out if it is your computer? Maybe you could use your phone on WiFi and do a build, then your phone on 4G and do a build if you have mobile data?

I know you said you have excellent internet, but could it be possible that you're experiencing packet loss? From your video, it looks like it keeps successfully reconnecting to the build server, then losing connection again. I found this website and I get 0% for "Total packet loss", could you try this website and click "start test" and see what results you get? packetlosstest.com

Do you use any antivirus software that might be reacting to receiving the download? If you use one, what do you use? Dumb thing to suggest, but it could be a rare coincidence that your antivirus updated and suddenly rejects incoming downloads in some cases.

It could very well be something related to the build server, but it is very surprising that you can't build a blank project. I'm guessing everyone else can build, since they're not posting here and this thread is at the top of the forums for the past days.

Just to be clear, I'm not certain it is a "you" issue, but I'm trying to think of possible issues that could be happening, since noone else so far is having the same issue.

Jase00

Thanks for your suggestions, I did the test you recommended and had 0% packet loss for upload/download.

I tested it on a notebook and the result is the same.

I tested it on my mobile using the same wifi and 4G connection, used different browsers and got the same error.

I can't build APK.

Everything always worked amazingly well in 2022 but when it served it stopped on 12/20/2022 I was never able to build again.

In 2021 I had this same issue, Ashley refused to look into the issue because it worked fine for him.

I was ready to abandon Construct 3, I had already migrated my projects to another software, but before the subscription ended, the build was working perfectly again, I renewed my subscription and was able to continue working in 2022.

If the problem really was with the build server, then likely everyone would be having the same problem. But that's not the case. It seems the build server is working fine for almost everyone, but not for you.

Generally this is good evidence that there's a problem with your specific system or Internet connection. I'm afraid it's extremely difficult to help with that though - it could be anything from firewall software to ISP-imposed filtering rules. All anyone else on the outside can do is guess.

If for whatever reason you can't access the build server, there is the option of using the Cordova CLI as an alternative.

If it was just me then it should work when I use a different device or a different connection. If any device or any connection I use gives this same error, then it is NOT an error just for me. If I try to build on another computer, with another connection and it doesn't work, someone else trying to build on this other device won't be able to either. I've tried to build on 3 different devices (1 computer, 1 laptop and a smartphone), I've tried to build using 3 different connections (wifi and 4G), I've tried to build with 4 different browsers. If anyone tries to build on any of these devices, with any of these connections they won't succeed either. Your recommendation to use the Cordova CLI is just a way to avoid investigating a paid service issue.

I am director of a major software company in Singapore, in 2021 we discovered Construct 3 and decided to give it a try. The company paid a 1 year license to prepare our team to use this game engine, after 3 months we experienced some instabilities and errors, we reported them and the response was "it works fine for me".

We understand that complex software can fail, this happens even with the most powerful companies in the world, but the commitment to correcting failures, however small they may be, makes all the difference.

As there was no support really interested in helping with the recurring failures, we decided to cancel this project with only 3 months of use.

It was like flying without instruments on a cloudy night.

We realized that it was dangerous to trust our projects and our brand to something uncertain.

This year, another director suggested we use Construct 3, I told him from our previous experience, but I was willing to re-evaluate and give it another chance.

So I come here to investigate and nothing has changed in the way Scirra supports customers.

Construct 3 is great for beginners or small developers, but big companies are not recommended.

I never use the Construct 3 build service but after seeing this thread I tested it and it didn't work for me.

Playtronic

I did some tests and it really doesn't work, but I successfully exported using Chrome on mobile, have you tried this?

I believe it is a Construct 3 incompatibility issue with some browser versions

"experienced some instabilities and errors"

"recurring failures"

"it really doesn't work"

"it didn't work for me"

How on earth do you think anyone would be able to investigate this?

I have done over 40 bug reports on the Construct 3 github and my experience has been pretty decent with the response and efforts to fix the problems.

I think the problem arrises if you are reporting very vage issues without enough info or no steps to reproduce.

I think well all know from making games as well, that it is almost impossible to fix something if you cannot reproduce the bug and don't know what causes the issue.

But on the other hand I also understand that it's really bad to be in that helpless situation where you have a bug that really hinders the workflow that cannot be fixed.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

"experienced some instabilities and errors"

"recurring failures"

"it really doesn't work"

"it didn't work for me"

How on earth do you think anyone would be able to investigate this?

fredriksthlm

This is a problem for the software developer to resolve, it is not the user's responsibility to discover and fix problems with a service he did not develop.

If your smartphone doesn't work, you don't investigate the failure or try to find out which circuits don't work, you just report the problem and the manufacturer investigates and fixes it.

Playtronic

I did some tests and it really doesn't work, but I successfully exported using Chrome on mobile, have you tried this?

I believe it is a Construct 3 incompatibility issue with some browser versions

ssmpv1

I've tried this in the past and it didn't work, but I'll try again...

I have done over 40 bug reports on the Construct 3 github and my experience has been pretty decent with the response and efforts to fix the problems.

I think the problem arrises if you are reporting very vage issues without enough info or no steps to reproduce.

I think well all know from making games as well, that it is almost impossible to fix something if you cannot reproduce the bug and don't know what causes the issue.

But on the other hand I also understand that it's really bad to be in that helpless situation where you have a bug that really hinders the workflow that cannot be fixed.

I've provided tons of details here. Browsers, operating system, versions, hardware, connection, videos with the problem happening... I reported everything in detail, but the developers refuse to investigate.

It's the first time I've seen a company act like this when a customer reports a problem.

And this is not a free service.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 3 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 3 guests)