Tiny Tanks: Big Boss

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • Hi everyone! I'm starting development on my new game and I want to keep a development log, so you can follow along.

My game is going to be a side-view tank battle game. The first thing I need to create is a level generator.

Day 1. Level generator

I used a pretty straightforward algorithm to create the generator:

1. When layout starts, I add the coordinates of key points to the array. Each following points has a random coordinates that depends on the previous points (for example: random(-100,100) + oldX ).

2. Next, I added two Tile Background objects to the layout: one for ground, the other one for grass.

3. Then, using a loop and a special spline formula, I set positions the mesh points in a way that connects the key points from the array.

Overall, I got a pretty decent level generator =)

• Day 2. Player's tank

It's time to add the player's tank to the Layout. I want the tank's movement to be very smooth and precise. Therefore, using the physics behavior isn't the best option.

So, to create the tank, I used two invisible objects with the platformer behavior, which have the same parameters. Then I added a tank sprite and set its position as the midpoint between the two objects. Also, the tank's angle is the angle between these two objects.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Day 3. Enemy's tank

It's time to add an enemy tank to the layout and create AI for it. So, when the layout starts, enemy tanks are created. Each of them has its own health, damage and armor parameters. When the player's tank gets close to an enemy tank, the enemy change his mode from "sleep" to "active" and starts attacking the player.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)