Tilemap gets chosen instead of sprites

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Enchanted Forest & Cave 16x16 Tilemap with Environment Sprites
  • So I create tilemap for a platformer game and stretch it to entire screen. Then, later in game creation I cannot choose any separate sprites that I create and place on the screen - always the entire tilemap gets chosen.

Any way to bypass this? Like turning off this tilemap, or freezing it temporarily, or something

Thanks!!

• I would put the tilemap in a seperate layer below the other sprites I think

• Yes if you put it on a different layer you can 'lock' the layer so it won't be selected

• Also another nice trick I just recently learned: Holding Tab and clicking will cycle through overlapping sprites. :)

• Thanks for replies!!

Yes I tried to put tilemap on another layer, but it doesn't help - it still gets chosen whenever I click on screen.

(Also if I move tilemap to layer below, then all that's drawn on it disappears from creeen, at all. And still gets chosen whenever I click on screen).

I am almost sure everyone have same issue because tilemap sort of covers screen by default if I am right. So it will appear every time you click everywhere on screen which I find pretty annoying.

Should be a way to bypass it no...

• Yes you need to press the padlock on the layers bar to lock the layer then it can't be selected, this is a common feature like with art software.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes!!! The lock did it

Thank you very much!!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)