How can I make a similar inventory?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for maintaining an inventory with crafting possibilities. Completely documented in text and video.
  • I can't find the guide.

All the sites and videos that I watched, apply to make 10+ slots, regardless of equipment. but I want the nummber of slots to depend on the what item is worm on the player. How can i do this?

Here I want to make a similar inventory

(By the way, this inventory is from a game that was created in 2014 on C2)

• What did you try so far ? I feel like whatever I respond with then the next reply will be asking me to make it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Why do you think so. I will try to understend from your words what I need to do.

I added to my project "player", "skin" a couple of clothing elements, "on the ground", "on the player" and "in the inventory", the same for the weapon, for the apple i added only two sprites, "on the ground" and "in inventory". pants and jackets that are on the ground have the logical change "equip" and the digit change for sprites that are in the inventory:

and this is what my inventory will look like, I planned that each item will have its own array with its own content. and for each slot, I made a "jmage point" where objects torn from the ground should be attached:

in all families, except for the "Object" family, there is a "State" text variable. there are 4 variables in the "Object" family: textual "Type", digital "Frame" with a value of 0, one more digit, but already with a value of 1 "Amount", and the last logical variable "Stack":

• I feel like whatever I respond with then the next reply will be asking me to make it.

Isn't that to be expected since many Construct 3 users are visual learners? Visual editors attract those types of people. I'm one of them. Unless the answer is simple, a complicated written answer isn't enough. Visual learners will most likely need to see an example to learn from it.

Adic.48

Here's an example. I didn't create it and I'm not sure who did. I think I got it from someone being helpful in this forum though. I think you can change it to fit your needs.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/y8satdsk7szbxeo7c6r7b/click_inventory_example.capx?rlkey=559wy1vrd488ohi1i8zbsg00e&st=atk2fp9u&dl=0

• quite an interesting source. But still, in addition to dragging objects, I am also interested in the array itself. I was more interested in myself, here is this source, and its paid and better version for C3, which, unfortunately, I cannot buy yet:

"Advanced inventory mechanics for your RPG game (Array-based). Take Items, split them, pick up them, read the description" (can be found in the C3 store)

I kind of feel like I'm moving forward, but because I'm pretty weak at it, it's hard for me to achieve it

• You don't have to pay for it. You can go to YouTube and search "Construct 3 inventory tutorial" and they'll walk you through making a more complexed inventory system for free.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)