How do I make an enemy move with 8-direction movement

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • In my game the player uses 8-direction movement and has a different animation play depending on which direction they are moving in, and I want to do the same thing with the enemy but I can't figure out how to make them be restricted to the 8-directions (as in not being able to move at any angle), I want them to chase the player but not beeline straight to them because I want to make sprites for each angle they face and also make them a bit easier to avoid, I also want them to wander around with 8-direction movement but if I just put 8 direction movement it doesn't work, is there a way to only have them move like this through the event sheet or behaviours?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello. Although I am a certified expert using another game engine, I am a newbie using Construct (I am testing it before deciding whether to buy it). However, I think I can help you about what you are asking for.

So, I have created a Construct project file that contains the solution to your problem. When you run it in Construct, you will see a player sprite, a chaser sprite, and a wanderer sprite, all of them are restricted to the 8-directions movement.

Here you have the download link:

drive.google.com/file/d/1thuWgXSWBR7WElS5VUihSKgBK1IbiJvV/view

• Thank you very much this is very helpful

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)