What is the future of the Scirra Store?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
professionally animated characters with Brashmonkey Spriter !
  • So, as far as I know, the Scirra Store was created in order to help developers to monetize their creations due to the difficulty of finding good sources of monetisations for HTML5 games. And, of course, it was a way to spread the word for the Construct 2.

Well, it has been almost 10 years since then, many things have changed, but most importantly, Construct 3 was released and so the company goals and focus.

Thus, that's my question as the title says. Can we still rely on selling assets in there? Is it still relevant? Will it be shut down as the Construct 2? Or there are better alternatives like CodeCanyon, itch.io?

I don't know if Laura_D could help with these questions?

• Long term plan has always been to move everything from Scirra.com over to Construct.net, one of the last big things remaining is the store.

Future of the store is to keep it, and move it to Construct.net. It's a big job as requires a complete rewrite to work on our scalable infrastructure.

Currently am working on rewriting of the C3 part of the store - once up and running will start working on the new store.

• Thank you for clarifying Tom! Glad to hear the store is in the works.

• Long term plan has always been to move everything from Scirra.com over to Construct.net, one of the last big things remaining is the store.

Future of the store is to keep it, and move it to Construct.net. It's a big job as requires a complete rewrite to work on our scalable infrastructure.

Currently am working on rewriting of the C3 part of the store - once up and running will start working on the new store.

This is great news, nothing changes so far in the plan for it, so i remember this was said a long time ago when c3 was preparing to launch. Lots of work ahead, im very patient lately, still i have a question regarding the store, but more of the fees, i know there was a fee charged for account registration as seller probably is still now in place to filter out spam content and low quality over high quality ones, now my question again is regarding the fees on sales, i know there are transaction fees for each microtransaction u lose like 10 pence or so but we are being charged 50% where other stores offer 25% or even 5% fees only, ... will this be considered in future? as now many of the sellers on scirra store are cashing in mainly from codecanyon and itchi.io and most of them forgot of the scirra store assets cause well it doesn't really has tracktion that much since everyone is a "developer" and not really buying assets to "flip". Not to mention since track of the store sales is rather low, many of the scirra store sellers are moving to private stores that they make themselves, no extra fees just transactionals either trough micropayments by paypal which is little to nothing per transaction or bulk transactional fees as stripe where u pay 10$ a month up to a number of sales.

in case the text is confusing, in short .....

will in future the 50% sale fee be considered to be lowered? since we are presumambly paying for a "seller access" and also for a monthly/yearly license.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No plans to change fees, imagine we will largely keep them the same. Our cut is currently 30% after taxes (eg VAT) and transaction fees deducted.

Tom any news about the new store?

In case it takes lots of time, perhaps might it be possible to have the old one fixed by the major bugs?

Thank you

• Good news is it's full steam ahead on the new asset store and we're hoping it will be out by the end of this year.

• Great, it's then time to get some assets and template ready by then ;-)

Thank you! :-)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)