How do I Upload My Game Asset?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
You can upload screenshots and photos to your server very easily.
  • I bought this asset

construct.net/en/game-assets/game-templates/random-level-generator-48

And i cant Get it into a Layout or Sheet, i have posted 2 Topics about this Please can anyone tell me how this works or if i need to do something else

Please i have spent 2days looking for the solution

• Have you tried drag/drop the file into a layout?

• Have you tried drag/drop the file into a layout?

I have 2 copys of the file in the file section. 1 zipped, 1 not. and neither will Drop i to either a sheet or layout. the file wont do anything, i directly bought it from this link. *https://www.construct.net/en/game-assets/game-templates/random-level-generator-48*

• Never purchased a template, so don't know too much. Template suggests it's a *.capx file? Can you just open it as a project? (maybe post a snip or 2, so we can see?)

• Never purchased a template, so don't know too much. Template suggests it's a *.capx file? Can you just open it as a project? (maybe post a snip or 2, so we can see?)

Ok i have done extensive research on this template and seen several games use

*(also i cant add pictures for some reason)* and to clarify i am using the web Construct

And i cant send a the Picture because Construct wont let me send it because

Your File isnt A .png

i have also Done this on other projects and they also wont let it open, so...

but this is everything that i know about right now i will send something else if i find it

• Also the File itself is C3p

• Menu, view, addon manager?...just trying to be helpful. Hopefully someone that has done this before will check-in soon. Also, you might try the unofficial discord, usually a few online.

• The "File" button on the Start page of Construct 3, then navigate to the project file and open it. This does not work for you? Does it give any errors, or just does nothing?

EDIT: If the Start Page is disabled in your Construct 3 settings. "Menu > Project > Open local file" should do the same thing. This is how you load up the .c3p files(which are basically project files Construct runs, and saves to). ".capx" extensions were used in Construct 2, but Construct 3 works with ".c3p" file extensions.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • As Brainwave says, but to be clearer. This is a project file. You cannot load it into another project file.

A template is designed to be used as a starting point and then you build your game around that template.

However, if you have an existing project that you want to integrate this into. Open both your existing project, and the template project, in the template project, select all the objects and copy them, then go back to your existing project and paste them in the objects folder.

Then repeat the same process for the event sheets, and layouts.

Now all of the content from the template will be within your existing project.

If you are using an outdated version of C3 and the template uses behaviours etc that only exist in newer versions this process will not work. However, I don't think this is the case with this template.

• As Brainwave says, but to be clearer. This is a project file. You cannot load it into another project file.

A template is designed to be used as a starting point and then you build your game around that template.

However, if you have an existing project that you want to integrate this into. Open both your existing project, and the template project, in the template project, select all the objects and copy them, then go back to your existing project and paste them in the objects folder.

Then repeat the same process for the event sheets, and layouts.

Now all of the content from the template will be within your existing project.

If you are using an outdated version of C3 and the template uses behaviours etc that only exist in newer versions this process will not work. However, I don't think this is the case with this template.

^^ What calminthenight said :).

If you want to take it to another level, look at every object closely; it's behaviors, variables, etc. Then when it comes to the event sheets, try to create your own event sheets in your own project.

Study the event sheets provided in the template project, follow it action by action as you add them. After all that you will learn how it all works together, to do what it does. Then, you will have better knowledge to create your own random levels in future projects :)

The event sheets part is easier if you have dual displays, you can open up the template project's event sheet on one display, then work on your own project on the other display. Slowly add each action on your own, exactly as it is in the template, and you'll begin to learn the process behind the template creators creation.

Good Luck with your project!

• if u have buy asset just drop the file templet (dezip file asset download) and put templet (drop and drag on one projet) so you will be acess to aseet

you can "now copy the asset on your game'

Jump to:
Order by:
Duplicate Topics
Last Post
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)