How do I tween text size?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Calculate parabolic trajectories and tween objects over them.
  • I'm trying to figure out how to tween text size once it's created. The starting font size is 20 and I want to tween this up to 60, what's the best way to do this?

• Do you have any screenshots of your current code? Is this for a Menu, or within the Game Area? This could be achieved multiple ways. Either creating a sprite with the text in it, and use Tween on that. You could also make use of a Timeline.

• The current code I've tried doesn't work at all so it's probably not much use to send over.

It's to be used in the game layout. Basically, I have 3 different power-ups within the game that the user can get and when they do, I want text to appear and show in big writing the exact power-up they have earned. I've just used text so far as I'd hoped I could do this and set the text dependant on what power-up the user has just acquired, can it not be done using a text object?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It can be done in many different ways. You can change the font size and color under the "Appearance" section within a new Action for the text object. Or add the Tween behavior to the text object, and create an Action using "Tween" options within the Tween section for the text object, to change the size, location, etc. Whether that is multiple "Tween (one property)" actions, or other Tween options.

EDIT: You could could also do "Tween (two properties)", and tween height, length. Under "Size or Scale" in the Property dropdown on that menu.

EDIT 2: I hope that makes sense. I'm extremely tired at the moment, and need some sleep. It might be worth making a small sample project, and playing around with the Text "Appearance Options", and the "Tween" Options(after adding that behavior to your Text Object). Experiment until getting the desired result.

• This is a quick example.

• Thanks a lot for your help guys - it works perfectly! Really appreciate it :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)