How do i

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
  • so. i have battle and roster set up for the gatcha game.

2 layouts, button switches between them. does the first layout continue running when switching?

if no, can i get it too? yes i can just have it all in the same layout. and make the battle invisible.

aim: start a battle. click menu, and go to character screen while battle is still running.

then. if i want to do multiple battles. can i load a layout, and have it work multiple times.

for example. start a story fight. using the battle layout.

go into menu, go to arena. start an arena fight. the battle mechanics are exactly the same.. just needs the opponents reset.

ill need both fights going at once.

i figure i could just have 5 battle layers set at worst. but if i can do this by running a layout multiple times. that would be huge

• Hello, I don't know if anyone can help you with this, maybe try to share your project?

Otherwise try to be more precise, to explain better?

I didn't understand everything, but I think you want to make a combat system and you're asking if you need to make a scene for each one?

The answer is obviously no, use a single layout, use a layer, put your element on it and make it appear or disappear when you want, thank goodness layers exist!

Remember to disable certain things, like character movement, inventory etc., I don't know.

You can also change the order of layers, even in-game!

For example, move one layer in front of or behind another.

I don't know what more I can do for you, good luck!

• nothing slows me down

thanks for the reply, thought the forum was dead!

so, apparently, yes.. the layouts keep running when switching between them. (not layers, layouts)

so, ive opted just to have 5 battle layers on the battle layout. that way i can easily have multiple battles running while not watching them. and can access other layouts such as roster, world map.

the battle system is done. its all auto, not hard. waiting on my designers to get art done. and characters made.

i would have to upload to youtube to get a video link. i will soon. but, so much in development, nothing can wall me right now.

if you are interested in helping. let me know! its not paid work. but, its a gatcha game. 4 people currently working on.

be happy to share the content. but, its litterally 90 percent art.

the real trouble will come from servers.. and offline rewards. i know its possible however

• Forum isn't dead, just your post is nonsensical. Follow these guidelines to increase chance of getting a response construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/best-help-tips-forum-139528

• I'm French, I don't speak English, and there are translation and comprehension problems, page layout, layers, I have the same impression, I'm having trouble, normally yes, all the "layers" work at the same time on a page (scene), it's the event sheet that makes it all work, the layers are just like transparent sheets of paper where the objects are, logically that's it.

Now I'm not very good at C3, I'm not a beginner either, but I'm starting to use it because I want to make an "open world" game with "Crafts", "Combat", "Survival".

A word of advice: remember to use an explicit title, because if I hadn't replied to your message, maybe no one would have replied, since your title didn't mean anything.

• lionz just realising i didnt add a what to the how do i

fair enough.

glad people are still here. it can be hard to word things sometimes. ill try harder in the futre

• To answer the question, no layouts do not run when switching between them.

You can:

1. Not use layouts. Just use layers and visibility, or different positions on the same layout. This may have memory issues, as the one of the main point of layouts is to unload unused resources between layouts. It might not though, depending on the scope of your game.

2. Add "catch up" code to the start of your layout. You can check how much time has passed since you left the layout, and simulate/fast forward the progress that should have passed while you were not on the layout.

• “layouts” is what here, because I get confused.

“layers”, that's a layer, like a sheet of transparent paper, OK?

“scene”, well it's the scene, the page where our objects are, ok?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok, thx.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)