How do I resolve Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Im trying some advanced html tricks but Im getting this error when I run my game due to one of my html elements has the following section of script was part of its html body:

<script src="jquery-3.7.1.min.js"></script> <script src="jquery-ui.min.js"></script> <script> $(document).ready(function() { $("#Tabs1").tabs( { show: false, hide: false, event: 'click', collapsible: false }); });

The jquery source files are in the Files directory but I also tried them in scripts but I still get the same error in the console.

Any ideas? Maybe Jquery isn't supported?

Im actually trying to create a tabbed interface but when I bring it across all the styling is lost.

Thanks

• I found jquery is weird to implement. I never could get it to work by putting it into scripts or source files. It allegedly supports ES6 imports but alas it never works.

But this addon works like a charm, add it to the project and you should be done. construct.net/en/make-games/addons/162/jquery-plugin

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • My advice would be: don't use jQuery. Construct used to use it but we removed it years ago. Modern web platform features are now comprehensive and cross-browser compatibility is far better, and so you can just use the platform directly without needing a library to manage it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)