Where to put Steam SDK for Mac and Linux exports?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Telegram Mini Apps SDK is a plugin that allows impliment Telegram Mini Apps features.
  • Hi all. I wanna use Steam SDK for all supported platforms, but official documentation doesn't say where I have to put Steam SDK files for Mac and Linux. Does anybody know where they (Steam SDK files) should be placed for that platforms? I don't have Mac and Linux to test it. Thanks!

• Information I found for MAC:

• libsdkencryptedappticket.dylib and libsteam_api.dylib should be placed there Game.app\Contents\Frameworks (or create Steam folder Game.app\Contents\Frameworks\Steam ?)
    • steam_appid.txt should be placed inside a folder where is Game.app (not inside of Game.app). But I found another info "If its deployed from Steam you don't need nor should you use the steam_appid.txt". So do I have to use steam_appid.txt? If yes, should I edit Info.plist?

Information for Linux:

I hope the pattern the same as for windows. Put all SDK files inside a folder where is executable file located. Just needed clarification about txt file format. ANSI or UTF-8?

Ashley, could you please clarify that information? Thanks

• For Mac: steam_appid goes in the gamename.app > contents folder. Then navigate to Resources folder, rename app.nw to app.zip and past the libs into their. After you've finished rename back to app.nw

Linux: steam_appid into the first folder with that has .pak files, .dat and a few folders. For libs, same as win64, rename package.nw to .zip and add the libs in their

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It works! Thanks a lot for your help!

• And yes forgot to mention for some reason (I'm not sure about) the steam_appid.txt file needs to be saved as ANSI

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)