How do I use the multiplayer player plugin for my card game?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • So last week I started development on my concept for a card game in construct 3. Just trying to put together a tech demo right now but now that I've got the UI down and know what I'm going to do with card effects and the like I'm ready to start creating events to connect a peer to my lobby and test thing like different potential battle systems but, I have no idea how to make this kind of thing happen and honestly need some serious help, to the point where I'd put your name in the credits. I will probably upload a capx here or email one to people who want to help since there's alot of specifics that a few screenshots prolly won't cover. Any help is appreciated. kongregate.com/games/GoatGames/hero-blitz-wip that's the game there. Just so u can have a basic look at it and maybe derive something from there. drive.google.com/open thats the project. i was reading somewhere that i just send "messages" from user to user with the info i need to send and receive. so for example if i wanted to know how many card where in my opponents hand then every-time my opponent made any changes to their hand than the hand size would then be sent to me on a message send event? also how would this work for card effects for example, if i have a card effect that returns a opponent card to hand how would i send that information in a message? like would i need an event for what card im selecting then another for it being removed from the field or? jsut feels really confusing atm

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thankyou for the reply! ive read over the intro and the different conditions and functions. This usually is enough for me to start working on whatever it is im doing but this has been so foreign that ill be studying these tutorials. I did look over the projects that come with construct 3 about MP but still very confusing. Like I get that i need to be sending messages from one player to another but what i dont get is more specific intricate things pertaining to this game itself and not something as simple as pong.

• thankyou for the reply! ive read over the intro and the different conditions and functions. This usually is enough for me to start working on whatever it is im doing but this has been so foreign that ill be studying these tutorials. I did look over the projects that come with construct 3 about MP but still very confusing. Like I get that i need to be sending messages from one player to another but what i dont get is more specific intricate things pertaining to this game itself and not something as simple as pong.

Yeah I would definitely recommend reading through the whole tutorial before diving in. It was completely foreign to me as well, but after I read the tutorials I had a very solid grasp of how it worked

If you have any specific questions I'm happy to answer them!

• Thankyou! so ive run into this problem. is that im trying to sync the host objects(cards) to show up on the peer side and the object aren't showing up... or at-least not how i want them since i need them to be upside down and locked to the "enemy card zone" position. the "deck" is what cards are in the deck and "cards" is all the cards in the game. also i think im doing the association wrong

on

• Syncing needs to happen before the object is spawned. Usually this is done on start of layout, and only needs to be done once.

For a card game, you don't necessarily need to use the sync feature. A more straightforward method could be to simply send messages between peer and host, and have events on both host and peer side to handle what happens when any given message is received. It will be up to you do keep the host and peers in sync in terms of what is shown, but this is relatively simple to check and implement in a turn based or card game.

I recommend you to actually follow and complete all four multiplayer tutorials until you can understand everything that is written on the multiplayer plugin's manual page. Implementing multiplayer isn't easy - it basically amounts to making two versions of your game that rely on outside (each other's) inputs.

• Okay, thank-you for your quick response. I believe i have a fix for what i posted but yes this is becoming more complicated every second haha, been going over the tutorials and implementing what i can as i go over them. your right though not easy.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)