How do I move a whole layer of sprites?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a code so you can see the same skin on all screens (peers). Each peer gets a skin, in addition to 4 directions t
  • So I have a layout with many global layers representing different pages of a menu. This works fine but just turning layers on and off is kind of dull. I though it would be cool to add a little movement when layers are activated. Like have the layer sweep in 20 pixels. I didn't see an easy way to do this except putting everything into a family and trying to do this for each layer... Problem is many things are shared between the menu layers. The close button for example. Is their an easier wat to do this? Like I wish I could lerp(layer1.x,20,20) or apply a tween to a whole layer.

Any ideas would be great.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm having a hard time imagining what you are trying to do, but maybe adding a tween behavior to an object, putting everything else into a family, add the pin behavior to that family and pinning that family to the tweened object? So...

1. Tween object 20 pixels

2. Pin family to the tween object

3. (if needed) Wait however long the tween takes and then Unpin objects once tween is done

• Hmmm, yeah that is a good idea. I'll give it a shot.

• What I like to do is have an object (32x32) labeled "camera" and I will add a pin, tween, and scroll to behaviors to it. That way I can then tween the camera to anywhere on the canvas I want or pin it to other moving objects.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)