How do I change the animation frames of a sprite that is inside a container?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Selection frame like in RTS games, works both on mobile and desktop devices.
  • I created a container of a box and included 3 sprites with 3 frames each, which would be the labels that would appear on the box. I intend to create 3 boxes and each one will show different labels as I determine in the code. Each box will have an ID variable that will be assigned at the time of creation. I need to know how to control the frames of each box individually using this ID.

I tried this code, but it didn't work:

+ System: Pick BoxP where BoxP.id = 1

+ SymbolsP1: Is overlapping BoxP

-> SymbolsP1: Set animation frame to 2

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If they're in a container, just use for each symbolsp1, set animation frame to box.id, where boxpid should be the animation frame you want.

• Actually I have symbolsP1, symbolsP2, ... symbolsP4, and each symbol may be displaying a different frame, according to what I want each one to show.

I will also have several boxes (which is the container spawned) on the screen, that is, each one with a different ID and I need to control each of the frames of the labels that are inside these containers, which will show different frames.

e.g.

box.id=1 : label1 = frame 1 / label 2 = frame 3...

box.id=2: label1 = frame 4 / label 2 = frame 1...

• Then

System: For Each SymbolsP1

If BoxP.id = 1 > Set SymbolsP1 animation frame

If BoxP.id = 2 > Set SymbolsP1 animation frame

If BoxP.id = 3 > Set SymbolsP1 animation frame

ect

If they are in a container, the associated boxp will be picked automatically, after picking each symbolsp1 individually in for each.

• EDITED:

Thank you! It's working now.

• if I want to rotate the "box" object to any angle, what would I need to do to rotate the other objects inside the container so that they are at the same angle as the box, in this case, on the axis itself?

• For each box (or object)

Set object.angle to box.angle

Or you can do it on created instead of for each.

• Thank you for your help

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)