Breaking change: Mobile Advert

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
A simple fun and stylish endless scroller game ready to be customized and published.

Yours is very old.The latest one is r157.Update it and then retry

Thank you so much, I found out that when I install construct 3 as app, it is not...update even I check for update in the setting.

However, after reinstall with latest, problem still.

I'm trying your sample project but after export to ios, the same error happens. Look like something wrong with "unsupported URL" that result "configuration failed" (note that I tried to chang my policy url with and without http:// )

> Yours is very old.The latest one is r157.Update it and then retry

Thank you so much, I found out that when I install construct 3 as app, it is not...update even I check for update in the setting.

However, after reinstall with latest, problem still.

I'm trying your sample project but after export to ios, the same error happens. Look like something wrong with "unsupported URL" that result "configuration failed" (note that I tried to chang my policy url with and without http:// )

You are right.I wrote //https and my file is now partially working

This thread isn't for requesting help on the Mobile Advert plugin, I left it open in case anyone had further questions about the change. If you want to ask for help on the plugin I suggest you create a new thread.

kyberosc the error your seeing

ERROR: Rejection from 'advert' handler 'Configure': unsupported URL

is caused by using an invalid URL for your privacy policy.

I have looked everywhere to no avail. I am on a PC and I have no issue building Android app and uploading to play store with mobile adverts plug, ads working as expected. My issue comes when I try to use mobile adverts on IOS build (I have tried versions 9-current when exporting), when I export and then use appuploader it fails with plugin issue, if however, I replace it with ultimate ads for export it uploads fine to app store. I swore I saw something when originally researching this that I needed to change something in the config file prior to uploading but can't seem to locate or confirm this is the case. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated (especially if I missed something).

Nepeo

I was used your Mobile Advert template on github you shared. "Show video" and "Create video and show" actions sometimes not work. It is load video but don't show. I need restart app for works again.

Just tried these steps:

Click button: Create video (Video ready)

Click button: Show video (Video shown)

After I closed video

Click button: Create video (Video ready)

After show video button not work. I can't show video. I can't create video again too. Need restart for works again.

Here chrome logs. When I close video it is show red error in chrome logs. You can see details here:

imgur.com/3TrqLFi

We haven't made any changes recently. Showing videos can be slow/unreliable due to the fact they are streamed over the network. I don't know how much if any of the video is actually downloaded during the "load" step, just that the Admob SDK says it's "loaded". The error message you show is just the standard response if the video is cancelled. As for it getting stuck... it's probably just perpetually loading, hard to tell to be honest.

I went over the delegate class for the video instance, there was one edge case that if you tried to show a video that wasn't loaded then it just ignored the call to show it. But in practice that method shouldn't be callable unless it was loaded *shrugs* I added an extra error handler there for the next version but I don't think it will ever be called.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

I didn't spam buttons. Just one time click button and waited for text (video ready, complete...) messages. After one time click show button.

Maybe this happening, idk really.

I don't know how much if any of the video is actually downloaded during the "load" step, just that the Admob SDK says it's "loaded". The error message you show is just the standard response if the video is cancelled. As for it getting stuck... it's probably just perpetually loading, hard to tell to be honest.

This change is now also in iOS. It was added in yesterdays beta release.

Minor Update here, I was notified that the 12 provider limit appears to have been lifted on the User Consent SDK. I managed to track down a changelog for the SDK and have confirmed that they have removed the limit, I've updated the documentation to reflect this change.

Minor Update here, I was notified that the 12 provider limit appears to have been lifted on the User Consent SDK. I managed to track down a changelog for the SDK and have confirmed that they have removed the limit, I've updated the documentation to reflect this change.

So we "should"/can change those 12 into "all" to get the highest ecpm, I would guess?

Anyone that has experienced with different providers to see if it will have any effect?

I changed the 12 networks I had selected, into the standard setup (199networks selected by Google). I saw a 75% raise in ecpm.. :)

Hello, as of today, my build only works if take out the MobileAdvert plugin:( What am I doing wrong regarding the setup... I put in the App ID and everything, but it still crashes. Can you take a look at my app, and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Hello, as of today, my build only works if take out the MobileAdvert plugin:( What am I doing wrong regarding the setup... I put in the App ID and everything, but it still crashes. Can you take a look at my app, and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

same issue. the Mobile Advert plugin is causing errors building iOS Xcode projects.

> Hello, as of today, my build only works if take out the MobileAdvert plugin:( What am I doing wrong regarding the setup... I put in the App ID and everything, but it still crashes. Can you take a look at my app, and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

same issue. the Mobile Advert plugin is causing errors building iOS Xcode projects.

for anybody else with the same issue, it was a bug with the build server:

github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/3638

it's working now.

Mobile Advert works perfect when I build an APK for Android but when I use it for iOS using Xcode, the build fails every time. I have searched and searched and asked and asked but without any luck so I try my luck in this thread as well. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, do you know what the problem is?

Thanks in advance,

Tommy / tomologames.com

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)