Why do I keep getting random images in my tilemaps? (image included)

1 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Elevate your games with our AI Chatbot Integration! Seamlessly connect your Construct 3 projects with GPT-4 for dynamic,
  • C3/Mobile Game.

Why do I keep getting random images in my tilemap?

As you can see in the image, there are no blue lines with black spots in the tilemap.

The thing is, I know what it is. I have a bike in my game, and that is the bike seat. But it's not tilemap, the bike is a 2D image.

This isn't the first time it's happened, but it's always a 2D image I have in my game.

Anyone else have this happen?

Is there any way to make it stop happening?

Thanks

• That's very odd. Can you share the project? Just strip everything you don't need or want shared. Could be an issue with the spritesheet generation.

Can you check how it looks on the spritesheet?

• WackyToaster,

I should have thought of that. I fixed it, but it happens often enough now that it should happen again soon and I will post that here.

Thank you.

~eDee

• WackyToaster,

Found an old copy.

I stripped a bunch of stuff out of it to make it load faster (and WOW do I need to edit down the trash in that game)

Anyway, here it is:

drive.google.com/file/d/1kZtzpWszrAjPBtlFppHNWzXnj4TET1kr/view

Thank you,

~eDee Bruns

• That is still a huge project. Anyway, I do not see the bug, which is probably because the spritesheets are re-generated on the fly.

If it ever happens again really check out the spritesheets as I said before, just to confirm if the spritesheet generation has an error in it or if the error happens somewhere else.

• WackyToaster,

Too large.

I'm trying to figure out if it would be better to use 5 - 3D objects of different sizes and use different faces. Or if it's better to use many different 3D objects.

I don't know which one is better for the memory. Any thoughts?

• If there's any difference, it's probably so small it's irrelevant.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • WackyToaster,

It looks like I will need to use 70+ different 3D objects per layout, because there doesn't seem to be a way to set the image frame for an image that is set as a 3D image face. Which seems like something that one should be able to set in the Properties when one sets the image, but alas, I don't see a way.

• I think the image on the 3d face will match the instances current frame it is copying the image from.

So to change the frame on the 3d-objects face you would need to change the frame of the specific sprite/tilemap.

• Some things I found when using sprites on multiple 3D objects that each need different frames:

Put the 3D object and sprite together in a container, or changing the sprite frame changes the frame on every 3D object in the scene.

Furthermore, set the sprite's "initially visible" box to off on ALL instances on ALL layouts. Right-click the sprite in the Project tree and select "Select all in project" to be sure. Otherwise, an extra sprite is created at the location of the 3D object, and will only disappear if the 3D object is destroyed.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)