Warning from android when publishing on google play

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Trying to publish the app and see this warning

You must complete the advertising ID declaration before you can release an app that targets Android 13 (API 33). We'll use this declaration to provide safeguards in Play Console to accommodate changes to advertising ID in Android 13. Apps targeting Android 13 or above and use advertising ID must include the com.google.android.gms.permission.AD_ID permission in the manifest.

So, how to do it?

• Trying to publish the app and see this warning

You must complete the advertising ID declaration before you can release an app that targets Android 13 (API 33). We'll use this declaration to provide safeguards in Play Console to accommodate changes to advertising ID in Android 13. Apps targeting Android 13 or above and use advertising ID must include the com.google.android.gms.permission.AD_ID permission in the manifest.

So, how to do it?

In play console menu, go to "last option" (I don't remember the name) where we add additional details about our game (whether it is news app or not, suitable for children or not, age ratings, contains ads or not etc). There you will find an option for Advertising ID declaration.

• > Trying to publish the app and see this warning

>

> You must complete the advertising ID declaration before you can release an app that targets Android 13 (API 33). We'll use this declaration to provide safeguards in Play Console to accommodate changes to advertising ID in Android 13. > > Apps targeting Android 13 or above and use advertising ID must include the com.google.android.gms.permission.AD_ID permission in the manifest.

>

> So, how to do it?

In play console menu, go to "last option" (I don't remember the name) where we add additional details about our game (whether it is news app or not, suitable for children or not, age ratings, contains ads or not etc). There you will find an option for Advertising ID declaration.

Yeah, I see this option, but do not know what to answer. Do we use advertising ID (I'm using the default construct 3 mobile advertisement plugin)

There are 2 questions

If I will check "NO"

It will be not right, as long as I'm using ads

If to select "Yes"

I will see even more questions that I really can't answer

And if I will press Yes, as I understood, I got to change the app's manifest file, which is done by construct

• You should mark YES.

(The ID permission is in your manifest by Google Admob.)

• You should mark YES.

(The ID permission is in your manifest by Google Admob.)

good

But what to select on the next screen?

• Advertising

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok. Thank you guys

• Check

-analytics

-marketing.

All ad networks use it.

• Check

-analytics

-marketing.

All ad networks use it.

This is very important. Admob uses this

• do we need to change manifest then?

• do we need to change manifest then?

No, the AD_ID permission is requested by Admob (if you use a recent version). So you are all good.

(Also note that the statement from Google is only for apps targeting Android13, which your don't.)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)