Crash when closing Sprite Editor

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimalist Crash Balls is a game where the goal is to hit the ball on the portal, with 20 different levels :)
  • Anyone else getting this? New Project, add a sprite, the editor pops up, close the editor and crash. On Chrome and Firefox.

Error report information

Type: unhandled exception

File: editor.construct.net, line 0, col 0

Stack: null

Construct version: r336

URL: editor.construct.net

Date: Sat Apr 22 2023 08:12:44 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time)

Uptime: 13.7 s

Platform information

Product: Construct 3 r336 (stable)

Browser: Chrome 112.0.5615.138

Browser engine: Chromium

Context: browser

Operating system: Windows 11

Device type: desktop

Device pixel ratio: 1

Logical CPU cores: 16

Approx. device memory: 8 GB

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/112.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Language setting: en-US

WebGL information

Version string: WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium)

Numeric version: 2

Supports NPOT textures: yes

Supports GPU profiling: yes

Supports highp precision: yes

Vendor: Google Inc. (NVIDIA)

Renderer: ANGLE (NVIDIA, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0, D3D11)

Major performance caveat: no

Maximum texture size: 16384

Point size range: 1 to 1024

Extensions: EXT_color_buffer_float, EXT_color_buffer_half_float, EXT_disjoint_timer_query_webgl2, EXT_float_blend, EXT_texture_compression_bptc, EXT_texture_compression_rgtc, EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, EXT_texture_norm16, KHR_parallel_shader_compile, OES_draw_buffers_indexed, OES_texture_float_linear, OVR_multiview2, WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc, WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb, WEBGL_debug_renderer_info, WEBGL_debug_shaders, WEBGL_lose_context, WEBGL_multi_draw, WEBGL_provoking_vertex

• i have this same since relase 330 and up shame

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Same...

• This happens often when closing the sprite editor. Pupils of mine lose their work often because of this bug. I just lost an hour's work, I'm raging! Yes, my fault for not saving more often, I get that, but this bug is easily reproducible and should be fixed asap, please.

• I actually found a fix!!! Use your browser's HTML inspector, find the sprite editor window and delete the element. Then look for another element called 'dimmer', which is responsible for dimming the rest of the IDE while you edit your sprites. After deleting that element, I had access to the save button! I hit save, it successfully overwrote my cloud save, and when I opened a new tab and went to load my cloud save, it was the most up-to-date version that I had saved only moments before!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)