Can't save as a project folder

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Match the similar cards with each other and free all animals!
  • Hey all, a little while ago I had trouble saving my game as a single file with it creating memory errors and was advised to save it as a project folder. While this worked with some workarounds (turn the old save into a zip, extract, load that folder, then save with the floppy disk button in the editor only), I thought it was time to upgrade my computer anyway.

But now after buying a new PC I have the opposite problem: I can only save as a single file, not as a project folder. Even if I convert a save into a project folder and load it, the floppy disk save button will fail to save.

Does anyone have any advice on this? I tried many different locations, with all permissions granted and C3 run as administrator and it always fails.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey all, a little while ago I had trouble saving my game as a single file with it creating memory errors and was advised to save it as a project folder. While this worked with some workarounds (turn the old save into a zip, extract, load that folder, then save with the floppy disk button in the editor only), I thought it was time to upgrade my computer anyway.

But now after buying a new PC I have the opposite problem: I can only save as a single file, not as a project folder. Even if I convert a save into a project folder and load it, the floppy disk save button will fail to save.

Does anyone have any advice on this? I tried many different locations, with all permissions granted and C3 run as administrator and it always fails.

I can assume that you have a high level of security in your web browser settings.

Сonstruct is a web application, therefore, like a regular site, it must be added to safe sites and given full access.

• Thanks for the reply, I tried allowing it through the firewalls but it still fails to save. I then tried saving new projects and it works fine, I'm guessing there is something wrong with my main project (it is rather large).

• Saving to a folder is currently only supported in Chrome and Edge. If you're using Firefox or Safari, it's not supported there, because those browsers don't support accessing local folders.

• Saving to a folder is currently only supported in Chrome and Edge. If you're using Firefox or Safari, it's not supported there, because those browsers don't support accessing local folders.

Thanks for your advice, unfortunately I am using Chrome and as I've found out it will save new/small projects as folders fine, I am only finding the issue with my main, rather large project.

If you have any other ideas please let me know!

• Have you tried running Construct in an incognito window?

• Have you tried running Construct in an incognito window?

I just tried it following your suggestion, no luck :(

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)