Asteroids remake/reworked ( SOADe )

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Asteroids Game Pack contains environment elements, vehicles and a background to create an arcade asteroid space game
  • Hey all,

I think it might be finally ready for an open test.

Its a space shooter based on the classic Asteroids but alot more !

Check it out for yourself ;)

Any questions / bugs / general comments -> just write I wont bite !

construct.net/en/free-online-games/asteroids-soade-spaceshooter-40218/play

or on Google Play

play.google.com/store/apps/details

• The construct link gets me:

"Ahhhh nuts!

PERMISSION DENIED

You do not have permission to view this content."

• The construct link gets me:

"Ahhhh nuts!

PERMISSION DENIED

You do not have permission to view this content."

Should work now.... It didnt change from private to public when I published it -.-

• Should work now.... It didnt change from private to public when I published it -.-

• Yes it worked now

You worked out quite some mechanics.

Upgrades for astroids lolz

The game upgrade mechanics and in game scraps for currency worked well, nice that it gets stored in local storage.

The graphics in the menus looked rather poor though, as if they were placeholders.

Texts looked rather cramped, heaps of text, rather thick font, perhaps use a bit smaller font, and a font that fits better with the graphics.

One thing for the playing, I use a laptop, my first choice of controls are my arrow keys.

When using the aswd keys, I didn't really like the turning of the ship, it was rather crude, in a sense of, I wasn't able to make small turns, making me miss a lot of targets.

• Yes it worked now

You worked out quite some mechanics.

Upgrades for astroids lolz

The game upgrade mechanics and in game scraps for currency worked well, nice that it gets stored in local storage.

The graphics in the menus looked rather poor though, as if they were placeholders.

Texts looked rather cramped, heaps of text, rather thick font, perhaps use a bit smaller font, and a font that fits better with the graphics.

One thing for the playing, I use a laptop, my first choice of controls are my arrow keys.

When using the aswd keys, I didn't really like the turning of the ship, it was rather crude, in a sense of, I wasn't able to make small turns, making me miss a lot of targets.

Good that it's working.

Yea Ive fixed quite a bit already with the currency and upgrade mechanic while alot of testing.

"The graphics in the menus looked rather poor though" What exactly ? I mean it should have a retro pixely style but generally speaking that was just my second idea for the design especially the font and arrangement. ( the first one was really bad, ugly and just felt wrong ^^ ) I really put too much on one layout tho and will eventually make a few more seperate layouts. ( and maybe also more buttons with symbols rather than words ? )

I just like the Impact font and use it quite often in my projects but I kinda already knew that it's not a good fit and a bit too big but this is just a prototype.

The controls are ASDW because Im so used to it, every game is using those and never the arrows anymore but ill implement them soonish. ( besides that you can hold Shift to decrease the rotation speed and Ctrl to increase it. or use the prototype mouse control mode when ingame press "M" key and then the rotation will follow the cursor. 2nd or you can use a controller. 3rd or if you have an android device you can download the app on Google Play. )

• Heh, perhaps the draw style looks off due to the text filling up the place ^_^

Ohh, and I missed the bit where I could adjust the rotating, nice going!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Heh, perhaps the draw style looks off due to the text filling up the place ^_^

Ohh, and I missed the bit where I could adjust the rotating, nice going!

Yea, well its mentioned in the Tutorial Prototype but I'm planning more in detail ones,

especially for the skills but they need a bit workup.

But so far everything is easy to understand right ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)