Wich one is the latest version of Construct 2 running on Windows XP?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • I have a very old netbook with Windows XP and rather than keep it on a box, I would like to make some use of it, like when sometimes I have dead time because my current laptop is busy for a few hours doing something else.

I have on it installed on my old netbook C2 with the version 168, which one is the latest I can use with Windows XP? I remember time ago there was an announcement that it XP was not supported anymore from a certain version, but I can't find it and its not written in the download page:

https://www.construct.net/en/construct-2/download

Thank you! :-)

• Windows XP is as obsolete as Construct 2, come over to the light side my friend.

• Windows XP is as obsolete as Construct 2, come over to the light side my friend.

Which one is the light side? C3 on Windows 11? I have already and using C3, thought I will move to Linux before start to use Windows 11.

My point is that while my usual laptop that has both C2 and C3 is busy doing something, I can still use the old netbook. It might also be handy to teach basic Construct concepts to beginners in case I don't have enough computer if I will held in person classes.

So, the question still is valid and no need to throw away things that still works.

The fact that Windows XP is as obsolete as C2 is good, because I can't run C3 on my old netbook :-D

Beside that, I am still using C2 for most of my personal projects, I use C3 only when it's a customer requirement or I have to create an app. Aside for that, C2 still works fine for all my needs!

• Does the last release 280 not work?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Does the last release 280 not work?

Honestly I haven't tried to run it, since I remember Ashley at one of the releases said that XP wasn't any more supported. Perhaps am I confusing some features instead of the whole program?

• > Does the last release 280 not work?

Honestly I haven't tried to run it, since I remember Ashley at one of the releases said that XP wasn't any more supported. Perhaps am I confusing some features instead of the whole program?

I was running c2 on Toshiba satellite with duo core, 1bg of ram and nvidai gtx with 512mb ( was playing half life 2 orange box at max settings ), and c2 previews were running like dog poop. Even on my desktop with i5 2500, 16gb of ram and gtx 560ti Iw as getting around 40fps. Demos made in Construct Classic on the other hand where running flawlessly on that Toshiba ( not counting numerous CC bugs ).

I lost that old laptop somewhere at my sisters place. Just vanished :< It had great lcd screen, nice kb and would be perfect for pixeart and writing.

• I think you can use version 239r on xp, as I recently saw someone using that version on xp in a youtube video.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)