space ship asset pack in development needs feedback

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Pack of sprites for RPG games, characters and their customization, interface, inventory, icons, environment elements.
  • Hey People!

I'm currently early in developing a HD space ship asset pack and I wanted to get some feedback on it. So I can make them as good as they can be without having to retroactively change alot.

Here is a first draft of some parts and the way I plan them to be set-up:

The current plan is

I want there to be 3 parts to the ship:

- base/cockpit

- wings

- guns

and additionally some floating adds guns

each assets will have 3 upgrade variations and you should mix and match the parts freely to allow alot of customization.

So if you would create a game with these assets, what are some features that would be must haves and nice to haves? I want to know that early on so I can design the assets to be as useful as possible to various usecases.

Thanks alot for the feedback!

• I like the professional looks, but I think there is something to gain when looking at the functionality compared to the visual approach. When looking in a game at a gun such as a gattling gun, you instantly know what it is.

With these parts of the ship I feel like even with animations added, something would be missing that show you what the use of each part is. Thrusters in a certain shape perhaps, or more visually approaching where a pilot is. Some cover on a gun barrel which accentuates it and makes it look more menacing. Such things.

Hope I could help and good luck!

• very good points!

I'll rework those key elements to make their function more readable.

Thanks alot for the feedback Icecreamvamp!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I spend some time to work in the feedback, I hope it's better now!

I also started experimenting with upgrade stages and pilot portraits.

• Nice improvements! Feels more like a ship than a glider right now :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)