How do I Make timer ?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Tabata timer
$9.99 USD
Template for Tabata timer, fully documented in comments and video
  • Hi,

I am facing an issue with the timer. I added all timer related code. I am using EVERY X SECONDS event. The problem is when the window screen is in normal then the timer running correctly. When we use full screen(Browser) then the timer is slow. I dont know the exact reason why it is behaving like this.

Can someone help to get out of this timer issue?

Thank you.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The most common way to make a timer is to use unixtime which is built into Construct 3. Unixtime is in milliseconds so you will need to break it down to seconds (/1000).

You will want to set your Timer to unixtime + the amount of time you countdown will be.

Then just show the text with the difference - Every tick (You can change this to every second or 0.5 seconds if you need to save on performance. But I have never bumped into an issue with every tick on all my timers)

Note of Caution:

Unixtime is loaded from the users computer. This means they can go in and edit their time and it will change the games unixtime.

Check back in about 11 hours:

I plan on making a video on this tonight after work. I will walk developers through creating a timer and displaying the timer in different way for their users.

• Took a bit longer than I expected. If you are still struggling with timers this will walk you through it all :)

youtu.be/7gBhGTEbfMI

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)