Tilemap Editor Issues

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • Not sure that this is a bug in C3, but maybe a browser issue? So I didn't put this in the "report a bug" threads. Also not able to test this in other browsers at the moment. But here's the issue:

Sometimes (not all the time) when I'm editing inside the Tilemap editor, the "saved" colors section of the color pallet window gets larger and pushes the rgb/hsl values down out of view inside the Tilemap editor popup window (pictured below). This prevents me from accessing this part of the color pallet options.

I tried refreshing the browser and re-opening the file but the issue persists. I've also experimented with scaling the browser window itself and that did not affect the issue either. I've encountered this before and I believe it was in the Tilemap editor then as well. I tested the animation editor and did NOT have this same issue, only in the Tilemap editor.

Has anyone else run into this? Or have a solution? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

Additional info:

Browser: Chrome

Browser version: 73.0.3683.103

Browser engine: Blink

Browser architecture: 64-bit

Operating system: Windows

Operating system version: 7

Operating system architecture: 64-bit

Device type: desktop

Device pixel ratio: 0.8999999761581421

Logical CPU cores: 4

Approx. device memory: 8 GB

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/73.0.3683.103 Safari/537.36

C3 release: r142.2 (stable)

• Just noticed this doing the same thing in the Tiled Background editor also! Anybody want to jump in on this?

• DiegoM probably needs to have a look at this.

• After a little playing around, I noticed that opening the sprite/animation editor and dragging the edges of the window to resize it, and then exiting, then opening the Tilemap editor or Tiled Background editor - resets the size of the "saved colors" portion of the color pallet... but the alpha values at the bottom are still cut off. This resets the color pallet size every time I play with the animation editor window and then return to the Tilemap or Tiled Background editor.

I also noticed that placing the cursor on the edge of the Tilemap editor window and clicking, increases the height of the "saved colors" portion of the color pallet window. Which pushes the RGB/HSL values further down out of view. Each click on the edge of the window ads a few more pixels in height. Also, any attempt to resize these editor windows results in the same height increase issue.

I tested this on 2 separate computers, both on Chrome, both with identical results. Not sure if any of this helps, but thought I'd share as much as I could.

-Thanks!

• I have this happen sometimes too, not sure why but can be frustrating if trying to get to the RGB and alpha fields. Tab on the keyboard works, but you still can't see it on screen.

• Looking at this now, it looks like it is only happening in the simplified modes of the editor.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for taking a look. I have my UI mode set to "desktop". I'm still experiencing the same issue. I switched to "automatic" with the same results on my end. And then back to "desktop". I restarted C3 after each of these changed settings and still have the same issue. Thanks again for your help.

• I found what the problem was, some old code that I don't quite remember what it was supposed to do was the culprit. I am sure it was a good idea at the time of writing it :P

It was affecting the modes of the Animations Editor which don't use the Frames panel, like object types with no animation, individual images in the Files folder and individual tile editing.

The fix should be out in the next beta release.

• I'm sure you had your reasons LOL! Thank you for responding, taking time to figure it out and the explanation. Awesome!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)