Steam Deck porting??

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • Hi,

I released my game on Steam but it doesn't seem to work on the Steam Deck (the screen remains black).

Unfortunately I don't own a Steam Deck, what tricks could I try to make it work?

• Could this be what is causing the problems on Steam Deck? If so how do I fix it, on PC it seems to work fine on fullscreen, I have no problem (Request Fullscreen: Letterbox scale)

• Use NWjs export and select Linux64.

• No way to fix it on Export Win64?

• To run Win64 build you will need to enable compatibility mode in game settings in Steam.

• And how can I do that? From Steamworks?

• Have you added your game to Steam? Google "add non-steam game to steam deck"

Once you've done that, you can go to game settings (gear icon) and there will be compatibility tab.

• Yes, my game is on Steam and I have already received 3 negative reports about Steam Deck:

‘It doesn't work on Deck. I have tried different versions of Proton but it doesn't start. it simply won't load and takes me back to the Steam Deck menu’.

‘It doesn't work on Steam Deck and also on Linux. It is not a problem of non-discrete gpu. Nothing in the terminal when running. Debul.log indicates that the settings version is not 1. I don't think it's a problem. You changed engines, which one is it? The previous one worked on arm devices under box64’.

‘It doesn't work in Steam. I tried all proton and it won't load’.

Now I wonder, can I somehow offer a Steam Deck compatible build directly on Steam or do I have to give up because Construct 3 doesn't support Steam Deck? Is there a guide that explains how to do this? I don't have a Steam Deck and can't try.

I also tried updating Greenworks, but it breaks all the achievements.

• You can try uploading a separate Linux64 build to Steam.

• I cannot test the build on Linux, so there is no way to use NW.Js with Win64 on Steam Deck?

• The user might be able to do so, jumping through a lot of hoops and potentially having a lot of problems.

If you don't provide a Linux version of your game, is it not natural that people can complain that your game doesn't support Linux?

• Honestly, I've used other development tools and graphics engines and never had any problems on Steam, I would just make a Windows version and it would run in Steam Deck as well.

I find Costruct 3 incredibly cumbersome as far as Steam is concerned, even with achievements I always have problems, so much so that I am forced to still use NWjs version 71. I think Steam support is generally too complex and should be improved.

That said, first and foremost I have to ensure the easiest solution for users, if there is no other way I will opt for Linux. The problem is also the poor support one receives in the C3 community.

• We use Greengrinds addon and NWjs version 86 when exporting. Linux64 version works on Steam Deck without any issues.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Linux64 also does not seem to work on Steam Deck.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)