How do I sort triggered events?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
A master sorting Puzzle fun and addictive puzzle game! A challenging yet relaxing game to exercise your brain!
  • I want to center a sprite in touch area before the dragdrop behaviour kicks in.

I know it can be done because I have it in another project, I just cant replicate it.

Not even copy-paste preserves the triggered events order.

Moving the events in different order does not change anything.

• Check out Ashley's comment to this bug report:

github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/3718

You can try this trick - create a folder in the list of objects and move either the sprite or Touch object into the folder (but not both).

• dop2000

Thanks for enlightening me, Ashley's comment on "some" order leaves me with more questions.

Your workaround fixed the recreated problem in my demo of the issue, but in the far more complicated "real deal" however, its still a mystery, the drag-drop behaviour is applied on a family, and imported to a project already having touch object.

I've tried moving all "suspects" around in different folder depths with no luck.

A "trigger-event" priority option would be very handy in situations like these.

But I guess I'll just have to rebuild my own drag-drop that. Any good examples to help me on the way? Guessing "Group active" ..something something.. =)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can make your own drag&drop, it's quite easy, especially since you want to snap object position to the touch.

On Sprite Touched - save Sprite.UID in a variable

Is In Touch - pick sprite by the UID saved in that variable and set its position to touch x/y

On Touch End - clear the variable.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)