SOLVED: How do I Copy a file from Project Files to a local file on the computer?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Source File, music and art pack for Android Negotiator
  • I think that makes sense...

So, here's what is going on. I decided to use construct 3 to create template html files for my job. We do a lot of online course development so often we need to create a large number of template files and directories for authors to put their content into and so far, using the file chooser plugin, it works great. I can create multiple directories each with a predefined number of template copies that have custom titles (yay!) This saves me a lot of grindy work.

Anyways, after I had this part sorted I thought why not take it a step further and create the entire course template (each course is basically a self contained website) and save myself more grind.

The actual thing I am running into is copying files from the Project Files in construct into a folder on the local computer. So things like images and fonts are what is coming to mind - non text files (but any really since the site template files don't need to be edited)

Any thoughts?

It is totally possible that it is something simple that I am missing but I also just wanted to check that it is not a case where I am trying to do something that is not possible for construct.

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Just a quick update.

I managed to do what I needed by using NW.js instead of file chooser.

Now that I think about it, that makes sense since what I am aiming for is more of a desktop application.

In case anyone was wondering this is the solution:

Step 1: use the nw.js file picker to choose a directory

Step 2: use nwjs to copy the file from the project directory to the local computer

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)