SaveGame: System->save locations for Chrome and WebView2?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Create complex dialogues with ease with this tool/template!
  • I use the System save and load actions and would like to better understand the size and location of the saved data. I run the C3 editor in Chrome, in which I preview the layouts/projects. My game is exported to WebView2 for Windows. Does anyone know exactly where (i.e., in which Windows folders) I can find the save data for Chrome and WebView2?

Thanks

• Hi pandabear I'm not sure if this works the same since I have a game that saves using local storage events. I just exported it to WebView2 and saved progress which showed up in Local AppData. You may already know how to get there but you type %appdata% into the windows search bar then click on AppData at the top and then go into the Local folder you may see a folder for your game in there. I'll add some photos. Hope this helps!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Aha! Not sure why I didn't think to look there -- maybe I was looking for Construct or WebView -- but you're right, I have a folder called:

C:\Users[user]\AppData\Local[gameName]

Size was larger than I expected, ~100mb, but now that I know it's there I can play around and try to tweak it.

Very helpful - thanks!

• No problem. Happy to help!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)