How do I return a value to a sprite instance variable?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily store, modify, read and manipulate colors with Color Variables!
  • Hi everyone.

I'm making a quiz game and I'm stuck in this problem.

I have a sprite that works as a button with instances variable that sets the level of the game, the number of questions and the percentage of rigth answers. (level, questions and percentage are their names).

I use this "button" to call every level, changing the level instance variable.

So, sending values to a stage is easy.

The problem is when i have to do the reverse way.

The game stage has a Global Variable tha counts how many right answers the player get.

What I trying to do is: When the game returns to the select stage, the button that called the game stage, receive back the Global variable with the number of right answers.

How do I pick the correct sprite to set the variable?

Thanks in advance.

• Have another global variable for current stage that is set when you go into it. When you return to level select, use a condition to pick the sprite based on current stage (it should match) and use that to set the sprite object's other variables.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Have another global variable for current stage that is set when you go into it. When you return to level select, use a condition to pick the sprite based on current stage (it should match) and use that to set the sprite object's other variables.

Thank you lions_, it worked.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)