Each player has his own camera, is it possible?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Players follower. use it for anything which follows the player
  • Hello, I want to create a game in top down view like Clash Royal (of course I'm not going to copy/paste, but I'll take inspiration from it). The thing is that each player in clash royale has their own view in multiplayer, but I don't know if it's possible to do that on Construct 3. Here's a little illustration:

• Yes it is possible.

You can learn a lot from the multiplayer examples. Either adjust the camera/viewport position/rotation for each player, or mirror the object positions.

• ah cool, I looked everywhere for documentation or a video tutorial for that, but I must admit that I couldn't find any. I continue to search but if you have a doc or other I am willing to take

• I watched this video a few days after it was uploaded to YouTube. Not sure if this helps you any, or at least gets you onto the right path. This is about all I've got, as I've not done anything similar in any of my projects.

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • thank you for your answer, yes I have already seen this video, unfortunately it does not help me a lot and I have searched, I have not found anything in what I am looking for, too bad I will go to Unreal Engine 5

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thank you for your answer, yes I have already seen this video, unfortunately it does not help me a lot and I have searched, I have not found anything in what I am looking for, too bad I will go to Unreal Engine 5

Alrighty. It was worth a try anyways XD. Best of luck on your multiplayer project :)

• ah cool, I looked everywhere for documentation or a video tutorial for that, but I must admit that I couldn't find any. I continue to search but if you have a doc or other I am willing to take

A tutorial or documentation for this very specific setup will most likely not exist.

That doesn't mean it's impossible to do. Just look at the official multiplayer examples, there it shows you how to handle different "camera" positions for each connected player.

Online Multiplayer includes all info you need for multiplayer and how to handle individual viewport positions for each client. Or how to handle a different game state for a peer when compared to a host.

There are multiple ways to approach your idea, there's no finished system or tool that makes it for you with a few clicks. Just like with anything else, you need to use the tools at your disposal to come up with a way to achieve your goals.

Construct 3 Documentation includes all the information you need to create your game.

There have been other people asking for similar setups before:

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/multiplayer-camera-following-173525

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/player-own-camera-multiplayer-152924

construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/how-do-i-18/scroll-camera-player-79026

Making a game or using a tool is a learning process. A video or a tutorial for every single system or concept that you come up with doesn't exist.

• Yes I am aware that making a game is learning and it takes time, thank you anyway for the links ^^

• If you have more specific questions with examples that you've been testing with, then for sure it's going to be easier for people to help you.

While it might sound stupid to begin with -> just rotate EVERYTHING.

You can turn an entire layout using "Set layout angle to 180°"

You can turn sprites using "Sprite - Rotate 180° clockwise"

This way you would have to rotate everything, including individual HUD elements. The good thing is that, it allows you to sync object positions through the multiplayer plugin. The HUD will need some additional positioning adjustments.

Another way to do it would be by only placing the objects to their respective top or bottom position based on if a player is the Host or a connected Peer. For that, look at the Multiplayer tutorial, there you can find everything on how to differentiate between the host and the peer. This would mean that you can't sync object positions using the multiplayer plugin though. Instead, you just mirror the object positions for the Peer. The HUD can also be easily manipulated by differentiating between Host and Peer.

• So precisely instead of rotating the sprites, the elements, the HUD, one by one, is it possible to rotate ALL the layer, the artboard? if yes, can you tell me how to do that? Thank you

• Yes, as i've told you already: Action: System -> Set layout angle

However that means everything will be upside-down (for example text). That's why i suggested that if you use this technique, you then also need to rotate all HUD items.

You can also rotate layers individually using Action: System -> Set Layer Angle

And keep the HUD on a separate layer that you don't rotate.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)