Pause Menu Issues?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A well commented template with list menus and shops to use in your top-down RPGs or metroidvania games!
  • Hello there!

First I want to thank you for even clicking to read this. Much appreciated.

Im working on a simple pause screen that will display some progress information to the player. Im having a bit of trouble with my keyboard mapping. When I press the pause button with a controller I have no issues. For some reason the key board mappings wont work. If I hit the enter button with the code below I get nothing. Any one have a clue as to why this is happening. Again start on the controller will pause and unpause as expected. Hitting enter does nothing.

• Side note: If I was to removed the Keyboard mapping from the unpause portion of the code I can get it to pause. Of course since there is no logic to unpause with the enter key I cant unpause it with the keyboard. Im trying to figure out why having the enter key mapped to pause and Unpause causes it to do nothing.

Kind Regards

• It's strange that you posted an image of almost the full event but not all of it. If the controller works then I see no reason why the enter key wouldn't work. As a standard though I don't like to put trigger conditions in a sub event because things can get weird.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry about that. Here is the rest. I left out the functions. This is very weird to me as well. I don't see a reason it shouldn't work but I'm not very good at creating the logic just yet. I hope the new screen helps.

• It's strange that you posted an image of almost the full event but not all of it. If the controller works then I see no reason why the enter key wouldn't work. As a standard though I don't like to put trigger conditions in a sub event because things can get weird.

Actually your recommendation to not have trigger conditions as a sub event seems to have done the job thank you so much. Below is what I changed.

• Yes that looks better, nice :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)