How do I use a laptop touchpad for controls in my game ?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports keyboard, mouse and gamepads. Supports several gamepads at once.
  • Hello,

Forgive me if this has been a subject already but I've been searching for days and I couldn't find any useful information on this.

I am trying to use my laptop touchpad as controls in my game as I would use it normally in any other setting (for example : when I am browsing anything and I have to scroll down, I will mimic going up with two fingers with my touchpad).

I am currently using the position of my mouse to mimic a drag and drop effect, however it doesn't feel natural, as the touchpad would (as I need to be able to scroll up & down, but left & right as well).

With that, I can't seem to find anything related to it, except for "stick pads" implemented for games that would use the "touch feature".

Can someone help me out ?

Thanks in advance (and forgive me if my terms aren't the correct ones as english isn't my primary language).

• Good evening, yugot91!

I went searching about the subject but someone else may have a better solution.

Seems the touchpad mimics the mouse wheel, so you may have luck using the "Mouse.WheelDelta" from the mouse plugin. It is not much but I hope it helps.

Stay safe

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you very much, I'm sorry i missed your reply !

I will try something out with what you just gave me.

Again thank you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)