How do I import and run external anims at runtime?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Lets say my app is running and I want the user to be able to import their own sprite sheet at runtime. Would this be possible? I guess I would use AJAX to get the sprite sheet but then would it be theoretically possible to cut it up and assign individual frames/ animation names at runtime?

Cheers

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Theoretically... With the tools we have you might be able to import a sheet and resize/reposition a mask to get the effect you're looking for...

That would be absolutely absurd of course practically speaking from an implementation and performance perspective.

It would be much more reasonable to import individual frames as needed instead. If you're in control of the distribution format and method, you could use the file name to contain metadata such as animation name, order, length ect. whether it is online (ajax) or on the local drive (nwjs). Or is nwjs even necessary anymore? I haven't been active for a while, but I vaguely remember something about web apps getting access to the local files.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)