Is more efficient Signal or Function?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • Assuming i don't use parameters and call them every tick, are more efficient Signals or Functions in order to call events from different parts of the project?

Aside the parameters and the inability to use functions in OR Block, are there downsides for one of those options?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It sounds like you want Functions.

Signal is only used in conjunction with "wait for signal", I believe. If there is no blocks of code waiting for a signal, I don't believe it will have any effect. And signal won't trigger that code to re-run.

As for efficiency, I'd bet that you don't really need to worry about that in regards to functions.

You can nest an OR block in a function. Not sure why you would need a top level OR block with functions. That is kind of the point of functions - if you need two blocks of code to do the same thing, they can both call the same function.

• It sounds like you want Functions.

Signal is only used in conjunction with "wait for signal", I believe. If there is no blocks of code waiting for a signal, I don't believe it will have any effect. And signal won't trigger that code to re-run.

As for efficiency, I'd bet that you don't really need to worry about that in regards to functions.

You can nest an OR block in a function. Not sure why you would need a top level OR block with functions. That is kind of the point of functions - if you need two blocks of code to do the same thing, they can both call the same function.

Signal can be triggered like functions in the current 332 beta

• Signal can be triggered like functions in the current 332 beta

I'm not sure what the intended application or purpose that is referring to. Even though, I'd still say Functions are what you are looking for in this case.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)