Domain Lock/Protection for Embed Games

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)
  • Hey everyone,

My game is published, but I'm lost on ways to protect it. I understand the idea of domain locking and I read the two "Simple Protection of Published Games" articles, but I'm running into problems because my game is embedded.

I exported my game as an HTML5 file and used Netlify to create a URL/host the game. Then, I created a Wix website and embed that game URL on a Wix page. Access to this Wix page requires a paid subscription, but at that point, someone can still find the game URL and re-post it elsewhere.

Is there any way to domain-lock an embed game to the HOSTED website (my wix page), NOT the embedded website (Netlify)?

If not, are there any other ways to protect a game in this situation? The protection articles I'm finding here are almost 10 years old so I'm hoping there are other options or solutions. I'm open to anything but am not too proficient on this sort of thing.

I'm not even concerned so much with my game being stolen (although that would stink), but it's a fairly large game and if enough people access it elsewhere for free, I'll exceed Netlify's free bandwidth limits and have to actually pay for people who play for free.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I believe that's what CORS is for. You should be able to set up a whitelist to allow specific domains to access resources on your server.

CORS is a server side setting though, I do not know if Netlify supports user modification of CORS policy.

• I believe that's what CORS is for. You should be able to set up a whitelist to allow specific domains to access resources on your server.

CORS is a server side setting though, I do not know if Netlify supports user modification of CORS policy.

Thanks. This is the first I've heard of CORS. Time for me to google "Netlify + CORS" lol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)