CSV2Array plugin c3p

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Can someone please provide a simple c3p showing how to use Rex's csv to array plugin

(https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/addons/234/csv-array-c3-runtime)? I'd like a programmatic way to load a .csv into an array, vs what I currently do (copy and paste excel data into the C3 array editor.

Thanks!

• I think copying and pasting values from Excel to C3 array is a better method - this way you don't have to rely on third-party addon, which may stop working with any new construct update.

• Finally getting back to this. I'm performing the following steps:

- add the plugin via the Addon manager

- create a new project

- add a CSVToArray object to the project

- preview the project (or layout)

Here's the issue: The project window pops up but just shows "Please wait, loading..."

I'm guessing the plugin is no longer compatible with the latest C3 release? Would be great if someone can confirm if they're seeing the same thing on their end. I'm running R276.2 fyi.

Thanks

• Will give it a shot, thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think copying and pasting values from Excel to C3 array is a better method - this way you don't have to rely on third-party addon, which may stop working with any new construct update.

How do you do it if you need to put thousands values into array?

• If you have all these values in Excel - does it matter how many there are? Just copy and paste them all.

• Agreed. I have thousands of values (my array is 500+ rows and 140+ columns) and I do a select all (ctrl+a) and copy (ctrl+c) in excel, then paste that into the top left cell in the C3 array editor. Works great.

• If you have all these values in Excel - does it matter how many there are? Just copy and paste them all.

I finally found it - Array editor. Thank you.

• Finally getting back to this. I'm performing the following steps:

- add the plugin via the Addon manager

- create a new project

- add a CSVToArray object to the project

- preview the project (or layout)

Here's the issue: The project window pops up but just shows "Please wait, loading..."

I'm guessing the plugin is no longer compatible with the latest C3 release? Would be great if someone can confirm if they're seeing the same thing on their end. I'm running R276.2 fyi.

Thanks

Rex CSVToArray uses "window" object which disabled in "Worker mode" which set by default. It's a common problem - many addons don't work in it.

You can fix it this way - Project properties -> Advanced -> Use Worker set "no"

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)