How do I check if certain object exists?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • I have an object instance with variables X = 0 and Y = 0.

I need to check if instance with variables X = 1 and Y = 2 exists to fire a function.

How can i do this without loops and JS? I know i can do that, but cant figure out how.

I need something like if object with X = 1 and Y = 2 doesnt exist - do something.

• I guess you are thinking too complicated. You can actully code it exactly like you already said it (or i misunderstood).

Basically just check if object X = 1 and object Y = 2

If an object exists with those variables, the action will trigger. If no object exists with those variables, it doesn't.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If an object exists with those variables, the action will trigger. If no object exists with those variables, it doesn't.

I need exactly opposite - if object DOESNT exist with given PAIR of vars. =(

For example - check if object(1,1) doesnt exist, create obeject(1,1).

• Oh okay, then click on each event and press "i" :]

• do the above and add an else below where you do the actions you want.

• Oh okay, then click on each event and press "i" :]

But it will mean any object where X != 1 and Y != 2. Its not the same. Am i wrong?

do the above and add an else below where you do the actions you want.

Hmmm... this sound reasonable. I'll try. Not exactly what i want, but should work, i guess.

• > Oh okay, then click on each event and press "i" :]

But it will mean any object where X != 1 and Y != 2. Its not the same. Am i wrong?

> do the above and add an else below where you do the actions you want.

Hmmm... this sound reasonable. I'll try. Not exactly what i want, but should work, i guess.

The above is exactly what you need, the Else is where it runs if the instance doesn't exist with those variable values.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)