Character shooting animation.

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Shoot balls to destroy as many blocks as possible, at each stage the game will become more difficult.
  • Guys, I'm new to this part of construct 3, and also to creating games, I've been watching some videos on YouTube in PT-BR, and then I saw people saying that because it's variable, it's easier to configure and it's more organized, I don't really understand, I'm going to post what my event sheet looks like, the animation for walking, jumping, is 100%, the only thing I haven't managed to do so far is add the animation for the shot, and a time for each shot, if anyone can help me and explain it in a simpler way to use I really appreciate these variables.

• First of all welcome to C3 and the forum as well.

The event sheet screenshot that you have attached is mix of foreign language so I couldn't able to decode fully but if I guess

I haven't managed to do so far is add the animation for the shot, and a time for each shot

What I understand from the above is, that you want to set up a bullet for your player right? So you already have the bullet-firing logic right? now you want to animate the player in such a way that it will look like it firing the bullet? For that, while the bullet is spawning you have to play the animation of the bullet firing in the action.

Apologize if I'm mistaken.

I saw people saying that because it's variable, it's easier to configure and it's more organized, I don't really understand

In short, variables are crucial for organizing your code and managing the data in your game. Whether you use a variable, an instance variable, a global variable, or a local variable depends on your specific needs and the scope of the data you're working with.

You might use instance variables for each enemy's health, global variables for the player's score, bullet speed, player speed, etc.

• I'm sorry if I couldn't explain it properly, so about the photo and the way I learned watching videos on YouTube, I wanted to learn how to make it more organized. What advice do you give me?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I recommend taking the time to learn more about the tool you're working with. Familiarize yourself with its features. Try to play with some inbuilt templates that Construct 3 provides.

These can serve as valuable starting points.

As for organization, it's somewhat subjective and can vary depending on the specific task or project. However, a few general tips include creating a clear structure or hierarchy for your work, using labels or categories, and maintaining consistency in naming and formatting. Ultimately, the more time you spend using the tool, the better you'll become at organizing your work effectively

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)