sprite with +100 frames causing instant freezing when switching from one layout to another

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
80 pieces of loopable game music, 10 game overs and 10 level complete pieces.
  • I have a freezing problem when changing screens, when opening the inspector, I see that the crash is due to the request to load the frames of my sprite.

So far I haven't been able to understand the concept of ObjectRepository in practice, as I haven't been able to make it work yet.

The solution I had was to create a loading screen with the logo of the developers and supporters for a few seconds, so that they load these assets "selected as global" so that there is no "hang for a few moments" ...

This sounds like a "hack" to me ....

Isn't there a more effective way to do this?

• Hi I have created some screens with sprites of 107 frames. I was not able to get the freezing during transitions.

Yes I can see that the memory usage has increased but that's only because there are two different sprites on the second screen.

It's hard to help if we can't see the problem. What you're describing is very strange.

The loading screen is a crutch to use when other methods don't work. If you post an example of such a project I think it will be easier to help. You can cross out the graphics or replace them if you are worried about them being stolen.

• What's the size of frames in pixels? If each frame is 1000x1000px, this is 500MB of images, which will certainly cause a lag, especially on low-end devices.

• Hello everyone, sorry for the delay, I was very busy at work.

I'm facing the following problem:

I created 3 screens:

1st Intro: Shows the developer logo and then goes to the Login screen

2nd Login: where the login is done and after the login is completed, it goes to Loading

3rd Loading: Loads the user's account information

Location of the problem:

I noticed that when I logged in, I created an event to hide the form and display a Spinner to symbolize the loading of resources from one screen to another. However, when I opened the Inspector and went to the : network usage tab, I also noticed that when I changed screens, the resources are loaded, and on the Loading screen I have a Sprite with 110 frames of 1000x1000, so it will obviously take a few seconds to load all the frames. And when loading is when the spinner on the Login screen freezes. (Visibly to the eyes)

How did I solve it?

On the Intro screen, I placed the Loading Sprite and defined it as Global, and I noticed that the crash disappeared, because the Sprite was already pre-loaded.

Even though I solved it, it sounds like a hack to me...

Is there a way to pre-load large resources or resources that I want without having to do hacks to make it work and without the Intro screen creating a huge mess?

Ashley

• the system object has pre-loading actions

• where can i found it ? fedca

• The memory management actions of the object called system (the little gear icon that's always on any project):

documentation, scroll down to memory management: https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/system-reference/system-actions

or maybe I am misunderstanding your question

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • awesome ! thanks :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)