Question about migrating from C2->C3

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • When porting a huge project from C2 to C3, is it better to first load it to the last C3 version supporting the C2 runtime and then the latest C3, or directly to the latter?

• If you can, I would suggest just directly loading it in the latest version.

If the project uses things like third-party addons only available for the C2 runtime, then you may need to load in the last version supporting the C2 runtime to remove those things, save, and then reopen in the latest version.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you can, I would suggest just directly loading it in the latest version.

If the project uses things like third-party addons only available for the C2 runtime, then you may need to load in the last version supporting the C2 runtime to remove those things, save, and then reopen in the latest version.

Thank you Ashley, it worked. Since it's a huge project (the older version is on Steam, DinoSystem) there are still many little issues that need to be addressed, but will gradually do it.

PS: i found out that Play audio by name doesn't work if it is inside a sub-folder, will test again and file a report.

• PS: i found out that Play audio by name doesn't work if it is inside a sub-folder

I'd guess that's the new folder export file structure mode - either use the subfolder path in the string or set it back to flat mode in Project Properties.

• > PS: i found out that Play audio by name doesn't work if it is inside a sub-folder

I'd guess that's the new folder export file structure mode - either use the subfolder path in the string or set it back to flat mode in Project Properties.

Works setting flat mode!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)