Can not access https://editor.construct.net/r293-3/

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • [edit] Solved, problem and solution as follows:

Problem:

I could not access editor.construct.net/r293-3

White page loaded with info that the site might have been moved or been deleted.

Solution:

Click the small "i" icon on the far left in adress bar.

Click "cookies"

Click "delete"

Reload page

Next problem:

I could not find the option to install construct 3 as app.

Solution:

paste "chrome://apps/" (without quotes) in chrome adress bar

right click Construct 3

click uninstall

reload "https://editor.construct.net/r293-3/"

Now the option to install as app should be available.

I hope this can help anyone else with similar problems in the future.

And as ashley commented in a response, "latest stable" should be preferred for stability, but for debugging transition to newer versions this process was necessary.

• I join. I support 2 games in Play Store. And they are spoiled by the new version of r302. There are problems with rendering 3D and transparency of objects.

The new version brought new cool features, but it is not compatible with r293.3

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I was thinking about this yesterday. It's always good to have new features, but almost every time there's a stable release, someone (or sometimes everyone) has issues.

This is not a bash against Scirra at all. This is the nature of software development, and for that reason, nearly every piece of software on my PC has settings to request doing an update before it does so. People should be allowed to update their software when it suits them. I'd rather put up with a "there's an update available!" message every time I open Construct than be forced to use versions which could introduce bugs into my development process.

When I click "not now", that should mean "leave me alone until I'm ready to deal with this", and not "okay just do it next time".

And yes, there are workarounds, like using the browser and specifying a url, but that completely defeats the purpose of installing C3 and using it like a traditional application.

The solution would be to not auto-update C3 unless I tell it to by checking a box.

• Solved the access problem...

* press the small "i" next to adress bar.

* click cookies

* select construct cookie

* press delete

* reload page

I am now trying to "install as app".

Tried to uninstall construct using uninstall button, the icon is gone but no option to "install as app" appears and the "open in construct" context menu is still available, currently I can not find anywhere how to uninstall construct 3 to make the "install as app" appear in r293.3

• Loading r293.3 works fine for me. I don't know why there would be a problem loading it - it's loading the same version as you would have previously been using.

We work hard to make sure changes don't break anything. By the time of a stable release most of the changes have also had several weeks of public testing in beta releases, but sometimes things slip through the net. I apologise for any inconvenience with changes in updates, but it's impossible to make any changes to software without some risk of breaking existing things; sometimes mistakes are made and not caught by beta testing. The best thing to do is to report any problems by filing an issue following all the guidelines. It's also very helpful if regular users can at least occasionally try their projects in the latest beta release, and let us know if anything isn't working, so we can make sure any accidental breakages are fixed before the stable release.

I'd add we also have fixed loads of other bugs between r293.3 and r302, so the overall reliability of Construct has definitely improved, and will continue to improve. The longer you stick to an old release the more likely you are to end up stuck on some other issue that we already fixed, so it's best to regard that as a temporary measure and focus on getting your project working in the latest release.

• Thank you for quick and clear response. It is entirely possible that the unwanted behavior in my game is due to unusual ways of utilizing constructs features.

If I manage to break down the fault to identify what has gone wrong I will file a bug report.

I have managed to install the former version so it will be easier to compare variables and behaviors. (will update original post with solution)

The emerged problems relate to:

* pinned objects on hierarchy that tweens size.

[edit] fixed: released hierarchy between pinned object and the tween size object. [/edit]

* picking objects in line of sight and calling function with .UID attached.

[edit] fixed: deleted object at start of layout that became picked instead of the newly created object.

(The irregularities emerged from r293.3 to 294)[/edit]

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)