Multiplayer Conteiner

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • Hello community...

I took it to read the documentation of the multiplayer object and it says that it doesn't support container... How is that if in the realtime example the text object is in a container and it's working very well...

My game also uses container.

construct.net/en/free-online-games/multi-tank-battle-online-50983/play

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It doesn't support synced containers. Although from my understanding it would probably work if you had separate version of the game between host and peer, and only the host had containers set up. Not that I'd recommend doing that.

Otherwise if only one object in the container were synced it might work as well, although that may cause other kinds of problems.

• Thank you for your answer, I believe I understood the fact...

If normally host and peer have the object synchronized everything should look fine... The fact that the container is not supported must mean that if the sprite peer was synchronized the text object was not...

If we put the text object on the host to show the sprite peer's life, this has to be shown on the peer's screen too... Because being in the container is no use...

Well, I think this sentence from the manual can be understood as:

Container objects of a synced object IS NOT synced. Therefore, since the peer updates the data of the text object, it did not need to be synchronized.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)