Mirroring messes up Sine behavior of hierarchy children

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Children Game Music
$4 USD
60% off
Add emotion, innocence, joy and cuteness to your video game with these 15 songs and 9 SFX
  • Hello,

Please check the attached c3 file. Clicking "Mirror" button will trigger the problem.

Is there a way around that ?

Thank you.

Tagged:

• The main issue is that your sprites are rotated. You can select the lower leg sprite for example and mirror it in the layout editor - set width to negative value. You will see what happens to it.

You will need to rotate the images in some external editor and set their angle to 0 in Construct.

Also you need to disable Sine when the hierarchy is mirrored.

Here is an example:

dropbox.com/scl/fi/rhek2x89kjxmqzgxofrl8/test-mirror2.c3p

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The main issue is that your sprites are rotated. You can select the lower leg sprite for example and mirror it in the layout editor - set width to negative value. You will see what happens to it.

You will need to rotate the images in some external editor and set their angle to 0 in Construct.

Also you need to disable Sine when the hierarchy is mirrored.

Here is an example:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/rhek2x89kjxmqzgxofrl8/test-mirror2.c3p?rlkey=gxnmbm5x4hlbqdd4um0mv4xlk&st=1skir0ja&dl=0

Thanks a lot!

That is a viable solution. But what if we prefer to keep the original sprite orientation? I found that we can offset the angle somehow (i.e. as if it was rotated in the sprite editor) by using Set Angle = -Self.Angle, but it works only for the arms and hands.

dropbox.com/scl/fi/tqlbp3wewbwd9i8tokewh/test-mirror.c3p

Thank you.

• But what if we prefer to keep the original sprite orientation? I found that we can offset the angle somehow

I don't know, it may be possible.

Another option is to create two versions of the skeleton in the editor - normal and mirrored. Configure them as templates. And when you need to mirror it - destroy one hierarchy and create another in its place.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)