Low End Android Crash

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimalist Crash Balls is a game where the goal is to hit the ball on the portal, with 20 different levels :)
  • Hi, my game runs fine (albeit very slowly - 20fps) on my low end android when I use the remote preview. However, when I create a build and install it, the game chugs to a halt after a few seconds with some strange graphical glitches happening just before it crashes out completely. The timing of the crash seems to be random and at no specific point in the game which leads me to believe its a memory issue.

My questions..

Why would it do this on an installed build and not on the remote preview?

The memory usage reading for the scene is around 110. Is this way too much for a lowend device with just 2 gig of RAM?

Thanks

• What device model is it? Usually target is to get below 100mb but if you are using an ancient device then maybe nothing will work.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's a Philips tablet with a Mali-t720. Its about 4 years old.

• By changing the spritesheet size to 1024 and setting the downscaling quality to low I managed to reduce the memory size to 45. However, the game still starts to glitch graphically after a few seconds and then eventually crashes out after about 20 seconds or so with no user input. It freezes and the screen goes white.

No issues on any other platform and no issues when i run the remote preview on the same device.

When I run the chrome debugger I see the following continuous 206 errors before the game drops out.

206[Violation] 'requestAnimationFrame' handler took <N>ms

index.html:1 WebGL: CONTEXT_LOST_WEBGL: loseContext: context lost

c3runtime.js:3056 [Construct 3] WebGL context lost

c3runtime.js:3166 [Construct 3] Suspending

• Are all available software updates installed? Make sure Chrome and the Android WebView (whichever are installed) are also up-to-date in the Google Play store.

If everything's on the latest version, then unfortunately some devices have broken graphics drivers, which is what the glitches and crash may be caused by. Sadly there's little anyone can do about that - the device manufacturer would need to fix it, but old devices rarely get software updates. If that's the case then at least it's device-specific - other devices should not be affected.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)