Google Play Games Services error

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • > > Same here with my game. But oddly, the Google Play Services in your game works well here.

>

> Renfd THanks for testing. Do you mean it automatically signed you into Google Play Services? or did it show the game controller icon prompting you to sign in?

>

> Did it show your Play Services nickname and avatar upon completion?

>

> were you able to load the Leaderboards?

>

> It is still not signing me in.

>

> Link me to your game and I'll test yours.

The game signed me automatically.

Yes.

Yes.

I didn't released my game in production yet. But here is a internal app share link: play.google.com/apps/test/RQdhBkxC02k/ahAAvZMmiwopkIQBKoBb3L8h_QS_xKTQc4JVccvd7IpvO8dvhU13wfck6xeX-57P4w2qR3tz5k30ufgjZxMOpup6IW

Glad to hear it worked as expected for you, but strange it still doesn't work for me.

I tried downloading your game but it says "item not found".

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > > > Same here with my game. But oddly, the Google Play Services in your game works well here.

> >

> > Renfd THanks for testing. Do you mean it automatically signed you into Google Play Services? or did it show the game controller icon prompting you to sign in?

> >

> > Did it show your Play Services nickname and avatar upon completion?

> >

> > were you able to load the Leaderboards?

> >

> > It is still not signing me in.

> >

> > Link me to your game and I'll test yours.

>

> The game signed me automatically.

> Yes.

> Yes.

>

> I didn't released my game in production yet. But here is a internal app share link: play.google.com/apps/test/RQdhBkxC02k/ahAAvZMmiwopkIQBKoBb3L8h_QS_xKTQc4JVccvd7IpvO8dvhU13wfck6xeX-57P4w2qR3tz5k30ufgjZxMOpup6IW

Glad to hear it worked as expected for you, but strange it still doesn't work for me.

I tried downloading your game but it says "item not found".

I just released my game to production and now the game service works!

Maybe the version of your game you have installed isn't the production one. Try desinstalling and installing the production version.

• I don't we've changed anything which could cause issues. The login state is a little weird, and tends to be preserved across installs which doesn't help diagnosis. If a new user is able to download your game and login then I would say it's fine.

There's a pending update I've been meaning to look at which resolves a login state desync. It was briefly published but we ended up pulling it for further testing after a bug report came up for the new version. The change is a defensive one though, for a rare bug where a device had somehow ended up logged in without the app being aware of it.

KENYONB on the version you are testing is it a debug APK or did you download it from the store? As a reminder unless the APK is signed correctly you won't be able use the Google login.

Nepeo THanks for the reply. That's what I am thinking, if it works for others, it should be fine and the error is ith Google, or maybe just my account.

But what I dont get is that if auto-sign in fails, it is supposed to show the Play Games icon which allows you to sign in manually. But since I logged out and have never been automatically signed back in, the Play Games icon never shows.

Here's my code:

+ GooglePlay: On loaded

----+ GooglePlay: Is loaded

-----> GooglePlay: Sign in

+ GooglePlay: On auto-sign in failed

+ OR GooglePlay: On signed out

-> System: Set group "GoogleSignIn" Activated

[GoogleSignIn]

----+ System: Group "GoogleSignIn" is active

-----> System: Set layer "GoogleSignIn" Visible

----+ Touch: On touched GoogleSignIn

-----> GooglePlay: Sign in

Is there something wrong with my code?

Also, I created a version that has the icon show from the start. When I press it, it starts the sign in process, but never finishes. It is like one of the earlier issues with the plugin where you select the account, then it starts to sign in and then it looks as though the sign in window falls downward off the screen. It never finishes and I am still logged out. I'll try to record it and post here.

I've tested on my production APK downloaded from the store and just built it again with the latest beta and still wont auto sign in. any ideas?

• > > > > Same here with my game. But oddly, the Google Play Services in your game works well here.

> > >

> > > Renfd THanks for testing. Do you mean it automatically signed you into Google Play Services? or did it show the game controller icon prompting you to sign in?

> > >

> > > Did it show your Play Services nickname and avatar upon completion?

> > >

> > > were you able to load the Leaderboards?

> > >

> > > It is still not signing me in.

> > >

> > > Link me to your game and I'll test yours.

> >

> > The game signed me automatically.

> > Yes.

> > Yes.

> >

> > I didn't released my game in production yet. But here is a internal app share link: play.google.com/apps/test/RQdhBkxC02k/ahAAvZMmiwopkIQBKoBb3L8h_QS_xKTQc4JVccvd7IpvO8dvhU13wfck6xeX-57P4w2qR3tz5k30ufgjZxMOpup6IW

>

> Glad to hear it worked as expected for you, but strange it still doesn't work for me.

>

> I tried downloading your game but it says "item not found".

I just released my game to production and now the game service works!

Maybe the version of your game you have installed isn't the production one. Try desinstalling and installing the production version.

Yes I am definitely using the production version. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Event uninstalled and reinstalled Play Games app. I haven't changed anything in my game form when it was working, so I am thinking it is Google. Would be nice to know if they have been experiencing issues like this though.

• hey guys KENYONB Nepeo Is anyone still having these problems? I have scoured the forums for info and keep coming back to the same points, SHA-1 is linked correctly and the other bits.

My google sign in and leaderboard used to work but no longer does. My API and services console shows 47 requests and 95% errors in last 7 days.

Does anyone have it working and remember having to do anything extra to fix it?

• hey guys KENYONB Nepeo Is anyone still having these problems? I have scoured the forums for info and keep coming back to the same points, SHA-1 is linked correctly and the other bits.

My google sign in and leaderboard used to work but no longer does. My API and services console shows 47 requests and 95% errors in last 7 days.

Does anyone have it working and remember having to do anything extra to fix it?

hey BronzeBeardGames i checked my game the other day and noticed my high score wasn't loading on the game play screen, but Leaderboards and Achievements were both loading. Odd. I tried again this morning and my high score and Leaderboards and Achievements are all loading just fine and rather quickly. I haven't touched it in a while, so it is all issues with Google services. I'd chalk it up to a Google issue. Try updating the Games Play app and try again. Good luck.

• Thanks for the reply. Ive just uploaded a copy of my game with google plugin removed, will re add it and see what happens!

• Sooo published a duplicate of my game, exported as 'Signed Android App Bundle' instead of 'Signed release APK' and used a new keystore. Assigned new SHA-1 in the API console... Google play sign in and leaderboard now working fine... But this sucks because my downloads for this version are 1 (obviously) instead of 1000+

Do I just delete my main version and start again or does anyone have any ideas why the previous build could be broken?

Note: SHA-1 is correct in API console but I do have a warning about achievements not being correctly implemented, I have them set up but currently no calls from the game. This can't be the reason Google play is broken surely?

• Have you fixed that issue ?

• AdamJ Nope no luck with my original version. Have since added achievement events so hoping the error in google play console disappears. Fingers crossed this will just take a few days to clear but unlikely!

I did have a sprite in game that switches to frame 2 if logged in, this triggered, but no google play login dialogue appears as it should and leaderboard still not working.

Sorry im no help... hoping someone reads this and has some pointers!

• Post a link to your game so we can test.

Also, does your Google Play Games account login on other games? For instance, try my game and let me know if you see your login at the beginning and if you can view achievements and leaderboards.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kenyonb.runnybutt

• Sooo published a duplicate of my game, exported as 'Signed Android App Bundle' instead of 'Signed release APK' and used a new keystore. Assigned new SHA-1 in the API console... Google play sign in and leaderboard now working fine... But this sucks because my downloads for this version are 1 (obviously) instead of 1000+

Do I just delete my main version and start again or does anyone have any ideas why the previous build could be broken?

Note: SHA-1 is correct in API console but I do have a warning about achievements not being correctly implemented, I have them set up but currently no calls from the game. This can't be the reason Google play is broken surely?

I'd delete the new game and leave the old one. It will eventually work itself out. At least it did in my case. And you don't want to give up downloads. My second game is just randomly increasing in downloads every day and every month. I'm almost at 10,000 with my 2nd game. Already over 1,460 downloads this month and it's only the 15th! Don't give up!🙌

• KENYONB Here is link to my original version:

play.google.com/store/apps/details

I tried yours out and its working perfectly, on start up it displays the google log in /alert thingy at the top of screen. Leaderboards work fine. This is exactly how the new version of my game works. The original version still nothing, boo hoo!

The only difference with V2 is new keystore used and SHA-1 and exported as android bundle instead of signed release APK

• I just installed your game on my tablet. It loaded and the Google Play login avatar thing at top loaded my profile right away like it does on other games. I played for a bit and then checked the Leaderboards and it opened the Leaderboards just fine.

I think it might have to do with your profile or the Google Play app on your device or just Google in general. Something ain't right and it doesn't have to do with your setup in C3. Try clearing the data and cache on the Google Play app on your device and try again. If that doesn't do it, then I bet it fixes itself in time. Sorry. I had the same problem as you, it wouldn't work on my game but would log in on other games, and it drove me nuts till it just started magically working again on my game.

On another note- one issue I noticed with your game was that after a few tries I was unable to play again. The game was stuck where I had died and wouldn't revert back to the start layout. Everything else seems to work, the menu button, and Leaderboards, etc... i just can't get back to start. So i closed the game. Restarted, and after I died after my first try, same thing happened.

• KENYONB WOW now that is weird... thanks alot though! Yeah I tried clearing all caches with no luck. I still get a load of errors on google api console but maybe thats from me.

That bug sounds like the adverts now not working! They should display after 3 deaths, if they arent it means the counter isnt reseting.

Thanks for your help, ill try fix that issue and get some other people to test google bits

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)