This engine still working?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your dream action platformer game effortlessly with this template!
  • I just started to do game develpment.. i choose Construct because its like the "beginner" platform to start it.

But to be honest, looking for "tutorials", will bring me to 3-7 years old YT video.

Im comfortable with Construct. But , please, tell me if this "game maker" still can be relly on?

• What kind of question is this? Just look at the release history.

construct.net/en/make-games/releases

• The developers are generally quite attentive regarding backwards compatibility - tutorials and concepts from years ago are still relevant. If anything, newer features might have made some things easier to do though.

I do recommend utilizing the manual - it is kept up to date, well written, and is an excellent reference for whatever you're trying to do. You should also read through (up to before the references at least) it before getting started, it actually isn't very long and will save you a lot of pain in the long run.

Try not to rely on tutorials too much - there are usually many ways to achieve the same result, and it's often better to try to do it in the way that makes sense to yourself rather than copying another person's logic that you don't understand. If you're constantly frustrated by things not working out how you expect them to or how everyone seems to do it differently than you want to, it's possible the engine is not the right fit for your style.

As for specific tutorials, there are two official ones that should be more than enough to get you started.

construct.net/en/tutorials/beginners-guide-to-construct-3-1

construct.net/en/tutorials/platformer-game-2329

• Got it guys.. im sorry if it sounds bad. Just kind of frustrated when cannot find the right answer for the problrm.

i should refer to the manual more often after this.

thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Got it guys.. im sorry if it sounds bad. Just kind of frustrated when cannot find the right answer for the problrm.

i should refer to the manual more often after this.

thanks!

Feel free to post a new topic in the How do I ? section

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)