Clarification on performance with image

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Elevate your games with our AI Chatbot Integration! Seamlessly connect your Construct 3 projects with GPT-4 for dynamic,
  • In these 2 cases, does Construct understand that it is the same image and will it count as one in the game, or does it see them as 2 different images?

1) I have 2 sprites in the layout, both with the same image, but one has it in its animation while the other takes the same image but imported into the game as a File

2) In a sprite I put the same image in 2 different animations, but in one the image is reflected

• In both cases they will be different images on the sprite sheet.

In the second case, you don't have to make a second animation, but just mirror the first one.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • In both cases they will be different images on the sprite sheet.

In the second case, you don't have to make a second animation, but just mirror the first one.

Yes, I know it can be mirrored, but I wanted to know how Construct worked, thanks for the explanation!

• on export there is an image de-duplication step, this step will search the entire project for identical images and remove duplicates. But I don't think it works with mirrored images

• on export there is an image de-duplication step, this step will search the entire project for identical images and remove duplicates. But I don't think it works with mirrored images

Checked the deduplication, it works fine but it only searches sprites.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)