When c3 runs on android 7 8, graphics and hierarchical relationships will be lost

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Figure 1 is the running result of android 10

Figure 2 is the running result of android 7. The graphics and layers will be confused

• Yea, there was another person on discord saying that hierarchies broke only on certain devices for them too, so that is definitly a problem that needs to be investigated!

the message was:

"Have anyone experienced differences in how "add child" behaves? I'm using it quite a lot instead of pin. But I've noticed that it usually works perfectly, but on some devices it simply does not work. Add child does nothing no matter how many times I set up the action to trigger in the events. So in this example the light attaches to the lamp and moves with it on 3 out of 4 test computers. But on one of them the event just doesn't do anything. The light refuses to attach to the lamp. I tried Pin instead and that works on all machines. So something is up with the C3 parent and child system"

• Yes, not just layers, but other inexplicable rendering issues. I found it on Android 7 and 8. How to solve this problem? . For example, the left side of this picture is android 10, and the right side is android 7, there will be such a difference

• Without more details, I would guess these are graphics driver bugs on the device. That's usually the cause of display glitches. If it was Construct itself doing something wrong, then generally that would look wrong on all devices, as it runs identical code on all platforms; if something is only broken on one kind of device, that usually means a problem with that device.

• I know Cordova "supports" Android 7 and 8. But Google has stopped the support for both Android 7 and 8 long time ago. The oldest Android version that still is supported is actually 10.

So maybe the content in some rare cases actually might render differently due to very old chrome version(?)

• According to this page, Chrome on Android is still actively supported on Android 7+.

• Thank you very much for your reply. I have asked many friends about the problem of disordered layers. They have encountered it. The reproduced project does not have any operation codes, and only a few sprites are put on it.

I randomly found a few h5 online games and tested them all. The following is the link of the game and the test results.

lagged.com/play/4635

Android 7

• This is the screen of android 10

• According to this page, Chrome on Android is still actively supported on Android 7+.

Ah okey, yea if chrome gets updates then it should be fine.

I just checked this page, but thats for the Android OS itself I guess. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

• Without more details, I would guess these are graphics driver bugs on the device. That's usually the cause of display glitches. If it was Construct itself doing something wrong, then generally that would look wrong on all devices, as it runs identical code on all platforms; if something is only broken on one kind of device, that usually means a problem with that device.

Using the R250 version of C3 and changing the operating mode to c2 will not cause this problem, so it should not be a device problem. I have tested many devices for this problem and it is almost certain.

• The Construct 2 runtime worked significantly differently - the C3 runtime was entirely rewritten from scratch. It's entirely possible it's a graphics driver problem that only affects the C3 runtime. However if you still think this is a problem with Construct itself, please file an issue following all the guidelines so we can properly investigate.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is a problem that must occur. I have tested multiple devices and this problem will occur. They are all randomly found online c3 games for testing. You can test it. I hope this problem can be solved. I will submit it later feedback.

This is a problem that must occur. I have tested multiple devices and this problem will occur. They are all randomly found online c3 games for testing. You can test it. I hope this problem can be solved. I will submit it later feedback.

• I'm afraid that in general it's impossible to solve problems from already-published games, or if we are missing key details about what features are in use, which devices are affected, or which steps to follow. This is why we have the bug report guidelines. Without those details it's usually impossible to help, but with them we can investigate and try to fix the problem.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)